GUN opinion on this remington 700

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gchang817, Oct 1, 2009.

1. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

personally i'd rather buy a bone stock 700 :dunno:

3. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

looking at 700 police, they are going for close to a grand, thought i could save alittle, although this package does not have much there.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

5. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

which model has the magazine, or is that kind of an optional feature. too many goddamn choices

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i dont know if Remington does a 700P from the factory with a detachable mag.

7. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

8. They did offer one at one time. I don't know if they still do. It was the HS Precision DBM setup. It's not very well liked by most people.

9. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

No, the remmy setup is an entirely different animal than HS. The remmy = dogshit, and the receiver is cut differently so the entire thing basically is a no-go (even from a donor standpoint). I've actually heard the HS stuff isn't too bad (for a long time, they were the only ones making 223 DBM).

I know nothing about New York Pricing or legality (which I would assume might make things cost more). That would be a little bit pricey for around here. The stock is *meh*, the fore-end is like a wet noodle and will contact the barrel (bad) if you lean on it any. I would use a dowel rod with sandpaper and float that thing like you mean it (not this " a piece of paper passes through it" hokey bullshit) That scope (and the bases/rings) is garbage. Consider it a throwaway item. The bipod would work if it was a Harris.

It's not a bad base though, and you could certainly do worse. I'd try getting him to price it without the optics, sling, or anything else - just the bare rifle.

10. The DBM used in the rifles was Remington's own setup? I thought it was from HS. :o

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I've actually never heard that before, but I'll admit I never go looking for factory DBM offerings. I know that HS sells a DBM and has for a while, specifically for the 700 platform.

12. I thought I remembered hearing something somewhere once that the DBM used on the 700 PSS (the old name for the 700P) was from HS. It's the setup where to remove the magazine you squeeze the little tabs on either side of the magazine itself if that helps.

13. Here's the Remington one I'm talking about. After looking at it and pics of the HS setup they definitely look like different setups.

[​IMG]