Operation rehab arm + lose some weight. Thinking about doing something other than 5x5

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by xpinchx, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

A while ago my doctor cleared me for 'moderate lifting' and not even the next day I fell up my stairs and slammed my arm into an arm rail. It didn't re-break anything, but I'm positive it hit one of the screws because I felt a pain deeper into the bone than I've ever felt since I broke it. So I've spent the past month or so trying not to get addicted to pain meds while it heals again. So I saw the doc again and he said everything should be good now, but to start at about 1/4 - 1/2 of what I had been lifting before the break. :wtc:

So between not lifting at all in the past 6 months or so and shitty eating habits, I'm in pretty bad shape. I hit 226 at one point, and I'm floating around 212 right now from eating a little better. Ideally, I'd like to get back down to 190 or so and maintain that through the summer because there's no way I'm going to be bulking until my arm is back 100% and I feel comfortable lifting that much again.

So it's going to be a slow few months... :hs: My main concern now is that I can't really do any of my really heavy lifts, namely deadlift, at close to what I was lifting before (which really wasn't that much to begin with.) I've mainly been using christopher's 5x5 routine as a staple as it hits my whole body pretty hard. Should I consider anything else, especially to target my lower back? I have my own special set of arm/forearm/grip exercises I've been doing to help push along the healing process for my arm so I'm not too worried about that, just my compound lifts... All I can afford to work with is my adjustable bench and squat rack along with a couple different bars and a couple of oly dumbell handles. :dunno:

Here are some pics of my arm healing. :hs: New host, let me know if they don't link right.

Oct 1st, 2006.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

skinnyarms.jpg

2. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

You should go and blast your legs until you vomit.

3. xpinchx

:werd: Squat till you drop.

I'm going to take it easy on them too for a couple weeks at least. If anything were to happen, even with the safety bar in place, it wouldn't be good news if it was more weight than my arms could handle. I get no pleasure as great as the feeling of barely being able to walk up the stairs to take a shower.

4. xpinchx

Fuck it, I'll probably just do Christopher's routine again. I'll start up a training log this weekend. I have a crazy week of school.

5. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Squats and milk

6. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

I really don't think you should try to diet, Give that a few months to heal up!
    deffinately blast the legs and slowly get back into it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.