Operation: 145 (or maybe 140 :noes:)

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by Mejnoon, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

May 6, 2000
    Looks like I'll be fighting August 15th at either 140 or 145. I haven't been training, and I am currently a very soft 160. I've dropped 5lbs in the last week just by cleaning up my diet and doing some light cardio.

Unfortunately the gym I used to train at has closed up, and theres no good option around me where I can train everything.

I started at a new bjj school last night and my conditioning is horrendous. On the upside, I'm stoked about the new school...it'll be my first time training under a black belt (Luis Gonzales) and I expect to step my game up dramatically.

I'm still trying to work out the striking end of things. I know a really good muay thai coach that owes me a favor so I'm gonna try to get him to give me some privates on the days I don't have bjj. Theres a boxing gym near the bjj school that I'm thinking I may train at a couple days a week as well. My old training partners have agreed to help me out when I need it...one of them has a wrestling mat in his garage and is an awesome wrestler, so I'm definitely gonna take advantage of that opportunity. They'll spar with me too if I can't get any sparring in anywhere else.

The next couple months are gonna be hectic but I'm very motivated. I've been trying to get a fight for a while and I'm very excited to finally have something lined up. Time to put in some work.:bigthumb: