Opera Mouse help...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bb86, Jan 3, 2003.

1. bb86

bb86 New Member

Hey guys,

I got Opera a few days ago, but havent been able to figure out how to get the extra mouse buttons to work. The scroll wheel works, but the buttons to move back and forward in the webpages dont work. They still work on IE, just not Opera.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. bb86

bb86 New Member

3. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

Umm, I'm assuming you're using an Intellimouse, any model with the 4/5 button configuration. Since it's made by Microsoft, the only browser that would utilize those buttons would be a Microsoft browser. Netscape and Opera would not utilize this otherwise they'd be endorsing a mouse they see no profit from. In Opera they have a thing called hot keys or something. Where you can click and hold the right mouse button and slide it left on the page to go back, right to go forward, etc. There should be a help file on it somewhere or if you pull it off it'll say something like "you just did yatta yatta, would you like me to keep bugging you". Hope this helped.

4. vwgeekdotcom

vwgeekdotcom Silver Surfer

netscape works with the intellimice that have the 7 button configuration, as well as the trackballs like that (I have both and netscape worked with the extra buttons with not configuration). there is not a real market for mice profits in aol/netscapes world, and having that ability built in helps support the browsers they are pushing. as far as opera I am not sure.

5. '65_356c

'65_356c Guest