Open Water

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by deznutz, Jan 13, 2005.

1. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Picked this movie up as well from Blockbuster. Saw the previews and co-workers talkin about how they used real sharks in the movie. I did not expect a A+ performance from the film, but :ugh: ..... It was a waste to rent the movie when i probably could have downloaded it for free. The movie was short and predictable... Yes it was based off a true story..but basically you get to watch these 2 people die...

Not going to buy DVD

2. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

i saw last 45-50 mins of the movie. Very weak (dialogue, actors, director, ending).

3. BradNowell

BradNowell New Member

well I guess I don't have to worry about seeing it either.....grrrr

4. JindaZ

JindaZ New Member

this movie sucked right from the beginning i didn't expect it to be some home movie

5. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I hated it and I don't understand the hype around it. I wasn't scared, wasn't emotionally involved, and wasn't impressed with the quality.

If it had been one of my film school buddies that made it, I would have been very impressed, but proffesionals? No thanks. What a waste of a $10 movie ticket.

6. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

The thing I hated was that this whole movie was supposed to be based on a true story. But the only people in the movie died...:ugh:

7. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

You guys have to realize the husband and wife combo who made this movie were amateurs and this was their first film. For that reason i would give the movie 8/10.

If Spielberg released it then i would concur with all of you and say it was a piece of shit movie.

8. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

umm, i disagree. It's a very shitty debut. When it comes to movies where there's only 2 ppl and all they do is bullshit to each other, this movie is on the very bottom. When it comes to debut as an independent director/writer with limited budget this movie is way on the bottom.

9. uncletony

uncletony New Member

It was a little anitclimactic. I respect how they did not use special effects, but it kind of needed them.