OP, I have a bra question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by johnny, Mar 7, 2006.

1. johnny

johnny shit, baby

Sorry this is another question that doesn't have to do with acquiring pussy or how to fuck, etc. I just know you all hang out here and talk shit, and I need help :big grin:

I'm buying my wife some bras later tonight. I know her usual style, size, and what colors she wants, so I'm good there. However, she mentioned an Oprah show that discussed how women tend to mis-size their bras. Oprah mentioned a formula to try? My wife seems to remember the formula being, one chest size down and one cup size up (so, my wife normally wears a 36C and would try a 34D).

Did any of you see that episode? Does that formula sound right? :x:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Why not take her to a place that will measure her so you can buy the proper size for her?
    I just recently did this and was surprised at the difference between what I was wearing and what the 'proper' size was for me.
    Personally, I wouldn't waste money by trying something like what you mentioned above. That's only guessing, and bras certainly aren't cheap.

3. johnny

johnny shit, baby

That's what I tried telling her :mamoru:

4. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

I would have to try it on. I've always noticed bras can vary. The same sized bra can fit differently or be shaped wierdly. I wouldn't waste time or money on guessing. Chances are high they may not fit right and you can't usually take that stuff back or exchange it.

5. johnny

johnny shit, baby

I think I'll get her one in the size she knows works, and make her go try some others herself :hsd:

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

This is very true. I've noticed that fit also varies depending on the style of the bra (underwire, padded etc).
    I have to try on every single bra I buy (I'm not about to throw $30+ out the window on a bra that doesn't fit right or I'm not going to wear because it's uncomfortable).
    Honestly, I wouldn't let my husband buy me bras because of that too, but that's just me.

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

All I have to say is GOOD LUCK my friend.

I leave my wife's bra shopping up to her, she is way to picky about that shit. Which is understandable, I would be too if I had to have something strapped around my chest all day. :dunno:

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

You could go with her and make it in the dressing room to "make sure it fits correctly" That is always a fun time.

Seriously, Good luck I am also very picky about my bras, just go with her and let her pick them out. If you are looking for something in particular as far as a decorative bra of some sort just make hints and guide her decisions. She will unfortunatley have the final say though.

9. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Exactly what i was thinking! You can still make it an interesting and fun experience even tho she's the one picking them out in the end. You can have a say in what to get or have her try on. It would be all for nothing if they dont fit correctly and she wont want to wear them cuz they dont fit well.

10. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

the best idea is to have her try it on.
    if you go a chest size too small... it'll be tight and uncomfortable and cut into her skin.

and larger cups aren't always a good idea either because then they look floppy and they don't form to your boobs well.

and for some ideas of nice stuff thats not overly expensive I like:

Wonderbra (they're suprisingly durable and come with cute designs now... not to mention the fantastic boost they give)

Lily of France (these are cute, but not necessarily durable in the long run)

I'd stay away from Victoria's Secret unless she's only going to wear them on "special occasions". I don't know about the smaller busted gals... but for the more endowed women, those pieces of shit fall apart in no time.

Otherwise Frederick's of Hollywood has some hot stuff... they're just a bit pricey :)

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

meh. i know my proper size, and it doesnt matter. you cant really just buy one sizes across the board. differently brands/fits fit differently.

granted, it will get you close, but youre never sure till you try it on. :hs:

12. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd:

i'm extremely picky on my bras. my mother used to buy them for me, and i'd want to exchange them. ;) you might not have luck doing it on your own. just go shopping with her :)

13. DragSpeed213

DragSpeed213 New Member

same chest size, but one cup size smaller

14. ally

ally awh kittah

I just realized that someone had just posted my point!

Still! Good luck with it! :wavey:

15. johnny

johnny shit, baby

:love: to all

Okay, I told her it's up to her to be resized if she wants.

I did buy her one of her usual bras in her usual size, but only cos she was in a pinch yesterday (I didn't mention this earlier) -- one of our dogs had gotten into her bras in the morning and chewed them all to shit. The only one she could even wear was stabbing her boob :rofl: :noes: