Ontopic to buy 1990 INTEGRA RS or not?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by FyreDaug, Jan 30, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Well since the accord is facked and the gf is trying to sell her car too, we found a 90 integra on ebay thats actually located in canada. Link is here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:L:RTQ:CA:1

So far its only 1800CAD, and I would probably be willing to pay 2700 or so if its in the condition it states. Its got wheels and tires along with some regular tune ups and he says hes got all receipts too.

What do you guys think of the 90 INtegRA's?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

A 16 year old car and you're going to offer *MORE* than asking price? :eek3:

Methinks you have an overinflated opinion of that car. 200,000 km (*way* overmileaged), broken stuff, etc......... you can't find a better/newer car for the same price?

3. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Hells no, been searching forever, and according to kelly blue book its worth atleast that. Plus its got wheels and some other stuff fixed. My girlfriend paid 3100 for a base model cavalier 93, so yes I would say its worth more than 1800. I wouldnt OFFER him more, but if the bidding were to get up that high I wouldnt exactly turn it down. Local cars always cost much more

4. 7960

7960 New Member

It's your money, but I think you're nuts to even consider buying that car. How about something 5-8 years newer with less mileage for about the same price? Sure, it won't be a 'teg' :rolleyes: but it'll also last more than a year.

5. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Like what a domestic?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahaha, yeah right.. Suggestions?

6. Changed

Changed Guest

You should be able to find a nicer teg than that :hs:

7. 7960

7960 New Member

8. Changed

Changed Guest

Hyundai ftl :wtc:

9. 7960

7960 New Member

I don't care that you disagree, but back up your post or it gets deleted.

Why? It's got similar miles on the body, 210,000 fewer miles on the engine and tranny (two of the more expensive parts of the car), is fully loaded, and is within his price range.

10. Changed

Changed Guest

Hyundai's are Korean peices of crap. Korea should not be making cars. You are better off looking for a Honda civic with low/medium miles because it's going to last you longer than a Hyundai

11. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Yeah I would have to concur, Hyundai have had a bad rep for quite some time. Korean crap ftl

Though I did see a 2000 accent for like 1500 bucks or so, with a couple mods. Apparently they dont hold resale value too well either

12. 7960

7960 New Member

Most 16 year old cars that are selling for ~$2,000 are going to be pieces of crap, at least the one I pointed to has a new engine. You're saying you'd rather have an engine/tranny with 220,000km than one with an engine/tranny with 10,000km? :eek3:

And your comment about hyundai may have been true in the past, but since about 1998 hyundai closed in on honda for reliability and is now tied with honda for #2, right behind toyota.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-03-11-cr-picks_x.htm

13. Changed

Changed Guest

Nah, I didnt say that he should get that Honda, but if he could find a Civic with medium miles he should get that over Korean POS.

Two years ago I bought my first car: it was a 91 Integra LS w/ 160k miles on it. My dad and I replaced a leaking gas tank, fixed a squeaky ball joint, and put new brakes on it and we had no problems with it. And, this was a 91 Integra with 160k on it in 2003. A 90 w/ more miles and in worse condition def. shouldnt be $2700 (even if it is Candian)

14. Guilty

Guilty ...

Look for a Chevy Prizm - exact same thing as a Toyota Corolla except it has Chevy badges. The resale is a lot less on them too.

15. GTP

GTP New Member

You are overpaying for the damn thing. Get a older camry or accord over that high-insurance pile o crap
    And the fact you are offering more than he is asking? LOL!

16. oliver

oliver New Member

i have a 1990 GS

with 106kmiles
    power everything (seats,doors,locks,)
    moonroof
    Leather interior and way better shell and motor condition and paid only
    $2kusd

17. 7960

7960 New Member

might have better luck here

good luck

18. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Is it for sale?

19. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

i don't know what's that price convert to canadian but if you're paying for more than the asking price... = Lose.

20. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Bump for the is-for-sale comment.