Only have one polishing pad...can I reuse

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by mavfan1, Oct 24, 2009.

1. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

I just got the car out of the body shop after an accident and there is a lot of detailing to do. I have Meguires 83, then 80, and NXT to finish. I am going to clay bar it first to rid of all the overspray.

Here is the question: I only have one polishing pad. I must have thrown away my two other pads by accident.:ugh: If I clean them out between uses, can I reuse it.

I will be out of town the next two weekends so I want to do it today.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Not much choice, eh? Just clean out the #83 asbestos you can.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

If you just got it back from the body shop, is the paint even cured enough to wax it? You may want to ask the body shop before you do anything just to be sure.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Chances are the body shop will advise you to wait 2-4 weeks before waxing to let the paint fully cure.

5. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

thanks guys for the posts. i just decided to do it right and broke it down into stages. full interior detail on Saturday and then washed, clayed, and washed again yesterday. i ordered more pads this morning and will use those when i get back in a few weeks.

as for 'just' getting it back from the paint shop, it has been 8 weeks. paint is fine. can i just pass along my general disgust for how they painted the vehicle - overspray EVERYWHERE. my steering wheel is all black leather...well, i cleaned it and there was so much grease and dirt on it, that i didn't even see all the paint flecks stuck on the leather. bad part was that it was all different color paint flecks. other strange areas - interior C pillar, random parts of my spare tire, right head lamp (the wreck was to the rear drivers side)

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds like they didn't mask everything off properly and just weren't very careful in general. I HATE body shops like that. :madfawk: