Only have fat in one place

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ElChupacabra, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Ok, so I read the "read this first" thread. Now on to my question. I have had a gut since 3rd grade. I have almost no fat on my legs. Muscle definition is obvious when standing at rest. I have zero hips or ass, but I have a good size spare tire (no love handles, either, it's ALL in the front. At 5'9", I weigh 220 and wear 34" jeans. But the gut hangs over. I'm sure you've seen those women in the store who are normal size from top to waist then explode at the ass...I'm kinda like that, just in the front.

Two years ago I lost 50# with a combination of not eating (depression) and walking 1.5-3 miles a day 5 days a week. I ate a salad or baked potato for lunch and a single chicken breast for supper because I knew I had to eat something, but it made me sick to even think about food.

Those days are long over and I have put 20# of the 50 back on. I'd be happy to lose 20, love to lose 40, and am not stupid enough to think I'll ever lose 50.

Two months ago I joined the gym again. I work out 3-5 days a week (walk a mile, flat can't run), and lift. I reduced my intake by a fair margin, no junk food, haven't drank a sugared soda in years, eating lots of salad and some potatos instead of burgers and hot dogs. I haven't lost a single pound. I weigh once a week and I may be 3# down last week, but back up 4# this week. I weigh the same I did the day I joined. It is extremely frustrating. I am getting more toned, but the weight issue is pissing me off. Any ideas?

Side notes: I do not eat sea food, and the only green things I eat are lettuce and green beans.

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

3. ElChupacabra

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

hmmm... You're only 220? I think its time for you to get serious and clean up your diet. Don't worry so much about what the scale says. Go by what the mirror tells you. Lift heavy and eat right. Try one of the many diets posted in the stickies (Purevl's diet would be a good one to try) and do a simple 5x5 base building routine. Good luck..

5. ElChupacabra

219.6 if ya wanna get technical. Where do I find this 5x5 base building info? Took weightlifting for 2 years, but it was basically "there's the equipment, get to it" kinda thing.

6. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

7. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

You aren't ready to loose weight.

8. TZ

TZ Banned

read purevl's "wanna be a bodybuilder or look like one" thread.

follow that diet strictly and u will surely lose that massive gut

9. ElChupacabra

while I would love to try that diet (wtf do you do with eggwhites? just throw em in a skillet?), my job won't let me. I have a high-intensity, time-sensitive job that doesn't allow time to eat unless I can do it with one hand, and surely don't have time to prepare something. I am usually on the clock 10 hours a day, so I eat on the way to work and then again when I get home, then one more time before I go to bed (I get about 4 hours sleep a day). I'm a single parent of 2, so I don't have the ability to catch z's if I want to get anything else done.

10. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Holy fuck dude, get serious. First of all you claim you read the noob sticky? Well it clearly says if you want to lose any fat you have to lose fat all over. You want to get rid of your gut, go on a fucking diet. Second of all, don't fucking bullshit us and tell us you 'only have a spare tire' when its QUITE clear from the picture you posted you are fat everwhere, and it is obvious even with a shirt on. Hell, I can see a double, and maybe even a triple chin in that picture.

So stop lying to yourself and then maybe you'll be able to correct the problem.

11. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

You're fat all over, you just dont see yourself like someone a fitness person does. There are fat girls at my work that always ask me how they can lose fat in X area, cause they dont need to lose it anywhere else :ugh:

12. ElChupacabra

Everyone with anything like normal American body fat content gets that when they look down, hence photographers always telling you to lift your chin. I did read it, and I don't care what you think you see in the picture. If my abdomen looked like the rest of me, I wouldn't even be reading this forum or going to the gym. At 175# I had a 45" chest, at 220#, I have a 45" chest. At 175# I had a gut.

13. ElChupacabra

You are correct that I don't see myself like a fitness person does. As I said above, I know good and damn well I'll never look like 95% of the people in this forum because I am not going to devote the time and don't really have the desire to be able to count my muscles visually. I know myself well enough to know what I am not going to do, and that's one of them. On the other hand, losing weight isn't nearly as life altering as looking like Mr. Universe is.

14. Ferrous

Ferrous New Member

15. such as?

look like you got some tittays to.

16. HardTech

HardTech hungry

- try to limit your carb intake at night (no potatoes)
    - yes, just throw some egg whites in a skillet and scramble them for a quick snack. It usually takes a few egg whites to produce anything substantial enough to eat
    - eat a lot of protein. try to eat as much lean meat and vegetables as you can.
    - snack on foods during the day, like almonds or yogurt or some fruit or something
    - try to incorporate some sort of cardio workouts in with weights. Do something like walk/jog for 20 minutes every time you go to the gym

good luck, and don't lose focus. It takes a while to see results

17. cura

cura New Member

I think you arr mistaking your "fat free areas" for muscle when it is really fat.

18. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I do see what you are saying, your genetics predispose you to have that big 'ol bag hanging over your pants. Others here are right, you are a bit chubby all over......but if your whole body looked like your gut you would weigh over 400lbs easily.

Diet and exercise is the only way to go. You don't have to want to be Mr. Universe to take care of yourself. Try a few of the routines posted in the stickies and find one you like. Going on a "cut" diet to lose that much of a gut is going to suck too, but its all about how much you want it.

Type 2 diabetes has been directly related to the size of one's gut, so be aware of that.

19. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

20. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

He's fat all over, not chuby.

That's great. So if I have Type II, which is often onset because of obesity, I'll have a gut? Brilliant!

21. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Um, you are trying to hard to look cool/smart. Basically what I was saying is the bigger your gut is, the more at risk you are for developing type 2 diabetes. Perhaps I should have typed at a 4th grade comprehension level so you would have grasped it, chuby.

22. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

this sounds like a "i'm fat and want to not be but i want it to happen with magic because i don't want to eat better and work hard to change my life" thread to me.

A. You are fat everywhere not just your belly
    B. most on this board have Jobs and or go to school etc and you're job isn't special or more difficult than many of us on here
    C. Spot reduction is bullshit
    D. Excuses are bullshit, you read stickies now do it or just keep on being fat

23. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

you need to seriously up your workout. walking a mile will only get you so far, i really recommend trying to run. try a very light jog, or do something like the ellipitical or bike. looks like you also need more protien in your diet. read the stickies on this thread because they will help, and if you do anything DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE GYM!!! Keep at it and you will see results. Up your cardio!

24. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

i gave the :hsugh: when i saw him say "i only have a gut, im fat free pretty much everywhere else".. at 5'9..you weigh 6 more pounds than me, and i am 6'5... and i think i have a good 20 more pounds to lose!! :hs:

get serious man, you seriously look at yourself in the mirror and think "i only have a gut, the rest of my body is fine" i defenitely agree with the person who spotted the double/triple chin.. get serious man, stop eating baked potatoes...eat more fruits and vegetables, salads, apples, oranges, carrots etc.
    and when you do eat salad, PLEASE done be that toolbag who covers it in cheese, bacon, ham, and a half gallon of ranch dressing

25. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

My honest advice is to quit now because you're not willing to do what it takes to be successful in your goals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.