online personals any good? im to busy it seems

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Aug 26, 2007.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Im 25 going to be turning 26 soon, and i have been single for a while now. The reason being is because im really busy with a small seasonal business and going to college at night. I work alone so all day im alone, go to school and then kinda immediately go home after. I just want to start meeting people,but the way my job is and schedule i don't get to go out very much. A ad came up for the yahoo personals, so i clicked it and found many people in my age range/area who were single and many were very good looking. Is it worth to give these things a shot? I would just really like someone to spend time with and enjoy my free time with. I have hobbies and friends,but the majority of them also have gfs occupying much of their time. I think some girls find me attractive, but i just don't have enough time to get out their and meet some people. I never really thought running a small business would take so much time up, that instead of working a 8 or 9 hour day, it always seems to be a 12 hour or so a day.

2. razi

razi New Member

that depends on how outgoing you are, what you're looking for, who you talk to, and a lot of luck. try the free ones first, like okcupid or craigslist.

3. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

your choice, attractive women in their mid-20's who would rather browse the internet for a serious relationship vs going out and meeting people. Are those the people you really want to meet?

4. quamen

quamen New Member

You guys are are maybe right on this issue, which means maybe i should make a little more time for myself to begin with.

5. sharkheadnachos

sharkheadnachos New Member

I think there are plenty of attractive girls on these sites. The problem, in my opinion, is that the sites cater to a "buffet" mentality. The average user puts in all of the characteristics the site feels are important in finding a match, which is logical, but it leaves no room for spontaneity.

For instance, one of the criteria is age. What is an incredible person is one year older/younger than the range you input? Another one is children. Some people would like to have children if the situation is right, but it's not necessarily a deal breaker. The sites, however, make you choose a specific opinion.

I'm not saying the sites or the people who use them are bad. I just think you limit yourself too much.

6. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

i wouldn't rule it out... i have an active social life, and meet many guys. none of them are really guys i'd settle down with though.. i've noticed that guys who tend to use these online dating sites tend to fall into certain categories:
    a) very unattractive (low self esteem, overweight, etc)
    b) shy .. don't know how to approach people in real life
    c) just really busy with their careers, so they don't meet people often
    d) just moved to a new city...doesn't know anyone yet

i've befriended people who fall under the C and D category on okcupid.com ... i'd give it a try. not everyone on these sites are on there due to desperation/unattractiveness/poor social skills