Online Dating

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mrs. Officer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Mrs. Officer

Mrs. Officer New Member

Would anyone try online dating? It seems to be popular but it would probably be my last resort. Maybe its good for a laugh or two?

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

A lot of people do it and it is becoming more common as a way of meeting people and hooking up dates.

But I've always heard that you have to sort thru a dozen bad profiles before you find 1 decent profile.

I've never done it but I know people that have and it has worked for them.

3. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Messaging whores on myspace asking for nudes is about as far as I will go.

4. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

i was actually discussing this with my friend the other night.

in some ways, i think it's easier than real dating, but also harder. easier in that you can go after a lot of people in a short time, but harder in that you have more to sift through.

also, i believe it's a better option for women than men. i'm sure there are plenty of attractive, normal, stable guys on there that are just too shy to approach girls in real life. however, i believe the amount of attractive, normal, stable girls are far and few between.

the way i see it is any girl who is attractive, stable, has a good personality, etc. won't have difficulty finding potential suitors. as a result, she has no reason to try online dating. the one's that would try it have a hard time finding and keeping men or don't have many suitors (for whatever reasons it may be). granted, some might be too busy to play the dating game, so it's not like everyone on those sites is some sort of loser.

the other issue is that of those few women that one would be interested in, almost every other guy is interested in her too. way more competitive than in the real world because you have one message to catch her attention as opposed to actually having a chance to approach her and make your impression that way. after discussing it with my friend, i went on to pletyoffish to browse the profiles. within a reasonable distance from me (los angeles area), there were 2-3 girls that i thought were worthwhile based on their profile/pictures. they have 400+ people who added them to their watchlist.

i don't see anything wrong with trying online dating, just like with regular dating, there are both success and horror stories. some are just more willing to try it than others. for me, i wouldn't really have an issue with trying it, i just haven't gotten the urge to do so yet.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

6. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Been covered, but yeah, done it once. Because I was basically shy. Got over my shyness through it, met a girl, got on ok, went out for a few months, discovered she was batshit crazy, got out, had the confidence to talk to women in bars and never looked back. Was a few years back now

7. lamour

lamour New Member

def would. was actually considering starting now~ any advice

8. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Do not expect to meet to many sane people on there.

Do not be trapped by myspace angles

Do not go in with too high hopes

9. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:werd:

I've heard horror stories about this, I'd request a straight on pic

10. digitalbs

digitalbs Active Member

I've done a little Internet dating, but haven't relied on it at all to meet women (been on dates with girls I've met in person). It's... interesting. Most of the women I've met on there have been lackluster and took advantage of MySpace angles.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

like a dating site? no, i wouldn't. just like i wouldn't go to a speed dating or singles thing in real life.

but i'm not opposed to other online methods.

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I've done it. If I'm ever single again I'd do it again. Great way to meet people you otherwise wouldn't run into.

13. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I met the current guy I'm seeing online through a site.

it's true you have to go through a lot just to find "the right one". a lot are in it just for sex, so beware i suppose

14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

This is why you get them on webcam before you meet them. ;)

15. KennyVendetta

KennyVendetta New Member

I've done this....most of the women I met are baby crazy. On the second date one told me that she had to have a baby within the year and she needed to know if I wanted to be a part of this.

At least she was honest..

16. S0da P0pinski

S0da P0pinski OT Supporter

My current GF (of 2yrs) who I plan to Marry in the distant future, I actually met on AOL.

I never tried any dating sites, I used to go to AOL chatrooms and trade pictures with girls and usually hook up with them, but my GF was different and I fell for her.

Its embarrassing for the both of us to tell our parents that we met "online" so we say I asked for her # at her university.

This is a technology age, and I really dont see a problem dating/hooking up with someone over the computer.

17. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I've done it. It works :dunno: but like anything else there's flaws to it. You really need to go into it with realistic expectations, boundaries, and know what you're looking for. Like anything else, there's dozens of people you have to sift through to find compatibility.

18. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

We were going to pay my roomie $50 to fill out a profile and go on a date somewhere where we can watch. The only catch was he had to fill out the form really BS like and go on the date with what the website recommended him

The question air for a recommendation was like 180 questions and he got bored of it and gave up. :rofl:

19. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I met all but two or three of my girlfriends online. Never through a dating site though. It's always been AOL, myspace, and craigslist.

20. cherise

cherise New Member

my cousin did and found a really nice guy. i dont know how long it lasted but he seemed like someone i would date given the chance. I wouldnt have pegged him for someone on a dating site.

21. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

Match.com ....and ive done horribly on it so far.
    :hsd:

22. mandrew

mandrew New Member

why not? I haven't pursued girls in a while aside from meeting them at bars and looking to fool around. it's hard to find places to meet people if you're interested in more than a hookup.

23. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

the choice of girls on those places it horrible. Good luck finding anything remotely attractive. And if you do...they either have kids or will be batshit crazy. That leaves you with cows and weirdos :hs:

24. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

and are they decent, not insane, attractive (relative to girls you've met face to face)?

What do you say with a first message? I thought about it one time as I looked through craigslist, but I went to type out an email and got stuck. I gave up. I didn't know how the hell I was going to separate myself from the 1000 other guys that are going to email the same girl. I know it was a quitters mentality, but I just stuck with meeting girls in person. I'd think about trying it again though.

25. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I've tried all the major and some of the minor dating sites. Best free site hands down is Okcupid. Best pay sites are Match and Yahoo Personals. Just my 2 cents.