online dating websites, do they work??

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Feb 11, 2007.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Looking for opinions on online dating websites. Do they work? anyone on this board have any success with any of the sites? I was thinking of signing up to match.com or yahoo personals,but i dont know if there just a waste of money.?

2. quamen

quamen New Member

wow that is impressive.

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

i dont like them, but i have friends whove had 'sucess'. win some, lose some....
    although, i would think the % of misses would be higher, due to lack of initial physical connection.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I've met a few from Match.com. Still talking with one girl (she's really busy) and going to meet another soon. I'm optimistic though.

5. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

sure, if your a chick...the cock to female ratio is like 20:1 :hsugh:

6. surferrosa

surferrosa New Member

My dad met his new wife on eHarmony.com, and her best friend met her new husband on there, too. I met my boyfriend of 2 years on MySpace, but that's not really a dating site. :)

7. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

I met my ex-fiance on match.com

Since then I've realised that only ugly or crazy girls that can't get dates any other way frequent those websites. (she was crazy)

8. red_fox

red_fox New Member

how do you meet over myspace? is it a random messaging that leads to more?

9. red_fox

red_fox New Member

that seems so forward

I dunno what I'd do if a random person asked for my aim. Unless they were cute...

10. julia!

julia! New Member

myspace is good way too meet people. generally. I've met a few girl son there. and it isnt just girls who cant get dates. it's a mixture of alot of people. sometimes you have to just intitate it and send them a message. You will know if theyre interested or not.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Be aware of what you are up against. Women on these sites gets tons of messages from guys every day.

You have to find ways to differentiate yourself from all the other guys who are sending her messages.

Personally I think meeting women in real life is the way to go, but many have had success online so ymmv.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I think they do if you have looks going for you somewhat. I am dating a girl from a site right now and I think its going pretty well. Also the sites seem to work with slightly older people, people just out of college because girls and guys are not around large groups of each other anymore.

Some tips I can give is a good picture is very important. Also, all the girls I have met msg me and I have never msg any girls my self because they get 100 msgs a day. So the ball is more in their court on that part. Another thing is don't just respond with hi cause they get a ton of emails that just say "Hi, I think you are cool". What to say, I have no idea. I tried the whole emailing girls first and it never worked out. I even tried a few crazy ice breakers and got an email back saying the girl was insulted that I msg her. As far as what website to use I really like true.com I had the most success with that site. Match.com is alright and Okcupid.com is free and so is plentyoffish.com. Oh and one more thing there are a ton of girls that are just tired of party and sex and are looking for a guy that knows how to have fun but can be a good boyfriend and stay at home with them. I know that is vauge but its the best I can give you.

Good luck..

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I have had absolute shit luck on Match.com, eHarmony, and OKCupid.

But that's just me. It seems to vary greatly by person. I think my online persona tends to seem pretty stale, which makes sense as much of the humor I use in real life is nonverbal. So, I don't make much of an impression.

The fact that I have to list my height, 5'3", may also be more of a handicap than in real life. You ask women what they want in a match, nobody says I want a guy who is 5 fucking 3.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

True.com is the best one for ages 19-25 Match.com is more for older people. Yeah, sorry being 5'3 will hurt you most girls want a guy taller then them. Im 6'1 my self and I get a fair amount of winks and emails. Nothing crazy though.

15. MP525i

MP525i New Member

met my fiancee on match.com 3 years ago. we're getting married in june.

about that ugly or crazy comment.... all girls are crazy to a degree. my lady is a little crazy, but hell, so am i. :)

16. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

I have heard some good things about eHarmony, with the whole personality thing and you have to pay a decent chunk for it. it shows you are serious about it and invested in taking the time to find out what is right for you.

on the flip side, I have heard bad things about the free ones like plentyoffish.com. I guess the theory is, you get what you pay for.

I met my current boyfriend on Myspace, not trying to look for a guy there or anything, he was a friend of a friend and I was browsing profiles. I saw that we worked in the same field and something he said on his page really struck me so I sent him a message. after messaging back and forth a bit we realized that we had actually met briefly a month before through work. went to coffee and the rest is history :big grin:

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

The only good thing I have heard about eHarmony is that there are more girls then guys.

18. lennylen

lennylen New Member

Hey another upcomming social network site that i think will do well ie http://www.azoola.com New Site

19. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

:gtfo2:

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

fixed

21. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

I met that woman I'm currently dating on Cupid. She was the one who originally contacted me. And I was talking to another that contacted me, but she lived a little more than 50 miles away, so we decided not to take it any further than just chatting online.

22. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

i think Match.com sucks nowadays. I was gettin the same girls over and over and none of them would answer.
    I only meet one girl off of it. She's a cool girl but it just never materialized into anything.

EHarmony was better for me. I talked to a lot of different women via EHarm and I also meet my ex on their. We dated for 6months then it ended. After Her like literally a couple days later, I started talking to another girl and we talked for about 2 or 3months, then we stopped and started back up again in January and now we are seeing each other and hopefully more will come out of it.

Also, I used Yahoo Personals a while back too and I didn't like it either. Same thing like Match.
    And for the person who said Match.com is for older people, they are right. The girl I meet off of Match used to tell me she would get messages from guys who were old enough to be her dad.

Out of all the ones I've used EHarm proved to be the best...and most successful for myself.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007