Online dating site...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vtec44, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

Are you or have you ever been on one? What do you think of them in general?

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

still debating if i like them or not been on a few that were pop-ups look pretty interesting but i still :dunno:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Filled with people who've given up or haven't even tried dating and meeting people irl. Therefore, people I'm not interested in.

4. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I have been on a couple, I have talked to various numbers of women... I have to be honest, it's ridiculous. It's the worst place to meet anyone, a complete meat market usually, people are way too critical, every half decent woman gets spammed with hundreds of thousands of e-mails, it spoils/ruins them... Expectations sky-rocket.... It's Pretentious and unreal.

Meet in person!

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

its a great place to be a woman and a complete waste of time/energy/money if you are a man with any other options at all.

6. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

I was thinking about the same thing. A coworker met her boyfriend on one, so far so good for them.

7. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

considering it, just can't bring myself to do it :hs:

8. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

I see no problems with them, and i have actually post a profile on them before.

but

I can't justify paying the monthly fees to actually use the site so i have never met someone through one

I think they are becoming more socially acceptable but still scare a lot of people

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yes, using websites to try to find people to meet in addition to meeting out everyday life is an option.

Should you use one that you have to pay for? Hell no!

Think about it. You're going to have a higher volume of people on free sites (because there are a lot of thrifty people like myself).

And even if you pay, you're not guaranteed to find someone.

10. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

pretty much either that or its people who have failed miserably and cant get something new kuz they arent attractive.

theres some cuties but they are about as rare as a black in the KKK

11. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

most of the profiles are bs to sell you some service, usually cam shows. trust me. i work in the adult industry and have sold shows in the past, and that is actually part of training, how to make interesting profiles and purchase rights to use pictures.

There are real people on there, yes.. but i wouldnt trust anyone that hadnt paid to be a member of the site.. but then again as focalBlur said, many real people can't justify spending money on them, so its a catch-22.

12. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

I've nailed 3 gals from the 3 months that I have been on Match.com

My friend got his GF from yelp.com

It's a great place to meet people since u find out what they like, where they go etc....

13. amac88

amac88 New Member

I met both my ex and my current girlfriend on Myspace. Ive also met a couple girls off plentyoffish.com. These sites are great for teens but I think once you hit 20 or so, you should seriously be dating more in real life.

14. Yuppy

pics.

15. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

I think it's a good way for some people to meet others, but you have to be careful, there are some CREEPY people out there.

16. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

Think about it this way: everyone uses the internet. There is nothing wrong with having an account on one of those sites, it's really how you use it... as with anything.

17. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

ditto. I just wish I could meet someone who actually knows someone. So, they aren't a complete stranger.

18. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I browse a few of them, but I've yet to meet anyone I'm seriously interested in. In my opinion there is no harm in joining a free site like OkCupid. The problem with sites like that though is that since they are free, there are more scams and people just looking to hook up. The pay sites, like eHarmony, do a good job of filtering that kind of stuff out.

Obviously meeting someone in real life is preferable, but the nice thing about dating sites is they generally don't require much time. It's not like you have to choose between online dating and real life dating. You can do both. And it seems to me the more available you are the more likely you are to meet someone. So why not?

19. Yuppy

honestly i think you would have more luck meeting someone from your area on OT

20. ForgottenSpiral

Are we on the same OT?

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Quoted for truth. A friend and I split a monthly fee and signed up to adultfriendfinder just to see what it was all about. A huge majority of the women ("in my area") I would never even consider having sex with (more of a hook up site rather than dating), much less dating them. The 5 women that lived near by us in our age range (18-22) probably got flooded with a million emails a day. We sent a generic email to about 25 women and only got 3 responses, none of them interested in hooking up.

edit: I think for the older crowd (single moms, divorcees, 30+) these sites are more popular and useful.

22. Yuppy

ive met girls from myspace/other online places to have sex and for the most part they were all single mothers living in shitty apartments with their kid and ofter a roommate who also has kids.

fuck that shit. I aint step daddy. and i know she wont have an abortion if I fuck up n knock her up.

23. ForgottenSpiral

:ugh:

Well I'm not looking to get laid. If thats all I wanted I'd have no trouble finding it. I'm looking for something serious and the odds of finding that on OT are ridiculously low considering the population of OT is mostly immature men that make it a point to run off any woman they can. :hsugh:

24. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

I joined OkCupid on a whim to "find who the creeps are in my area" [advice of a galfriend of mine, haha] and take their interesting polls and tests to see who i'm compatible with..... and I ended up meeting some pretty decent people.

25. Yuppy

meet em in rl then