Online dating has reached a new low...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Reign, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Reign

Reign Banned

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10470279-1.html

http://www.gamecrush.com/

Sounds a little like whoring/phone sex to me...

2. john law

john law Guest

I don't see what the big deal is...

3. THoC

THoC New Member

i may have missed this. are these girls employees? or is it like an online dating site where people simply join and they are both paying for the services?

at first it sounded like the girls were employeed by the site. but it also mentions that they can accept or deny a gaming invite which makes it sound more like online dating.

4. john law

john law Guest

It says the Web site pays girls to play video games and chat with boys. Technically, they would be employees.

You pay $8.25 for 10 minutes of a girl's time. That is close to the cost of buying a girl a drink at the bar (I've never done that before).

If somebody wants to do that, who am I to judge them? It is their money and their time.

5. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

I also don't see anything wrong with this and your thread title is really misleading since this is not an "online dating" service.

6. THoC

THoC New Member

if the site works out. great idea.

however, i just cannot understand why any one would ever pay for this.
    whats the benefit of playing online games with a girl? she may flirt with you? lol .... ya, thats worth $8.25.

and i dont know what girls you know that drink shit that costs $8.25. i like my girls classy. $2 for a tall boy of PBR.

7. john law

john law Guest

I can't judge someone how they want to spend their time and money. It isn't my business.

A mixed drink where I live is $5.50-7.50. A Bud Light is $2.50 and a Blue Moon is $4.50.

8. THoC

THoC New Member

same here in regards to the drinks. i was just kidding.

9. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Why do people go on the cam sites? People are desperate and lonely. :dunno: It happens, and if people are dumb enough to part with their money like that than so be it.

10. john law

john law Guest

oh ok :)

11. THoC

THoC New Member

although i dont go on cam sites i can see the point. you get to see and tell a girl what you want her to do so that you can get yourself off.

on this site you get to do what? play video games. the girl maybe flirts with you? then what? after you get a kill streak and call in an air strike you rub one out? :mamoru:

but yes, you are right. there are some really desperate/lonely people out there :hs:

12. Reign

Reign Banned

Actually it's an online dating service more in the literal sense. You could have entire dates online just playing a video game.

I dunno... maybe it's just my age showing but it seems in a tech reliant world where being social inadaquete is becoming more and more acceptable, that this is a step back.

13. john law

john law Guest

Why? 90% of the people I meet in real life are idiots, annoying, or whores. Sometimes even all 3. Nothing wrong with using tech.

You should worry more about yourself, and less about others.

14. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I don't know if it's really to get yourself off, but just to enjoy the company of another person. Being a girl that has played video games, I see this alot. A lot of guys on there are so socially awkward and don't really do much else, they've never really been with a girl or anything, so it makes them feel better to "hang out" with one online.

15. THoC

THoC New Member

i really dont understand all the hate that tech gets in here.... from some.

i wonder if right after the phone was invented people said "the phone is going to set society back! what happend to the good ol days when you'd walk to her house to ask her if she wanted to go out for dinner!?".

16. THoC

THoC New Member

i see your point. still makes me :hs:.

17. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

soo.. are you just playing for the game?? it's not a dating site in the sense that end result of it is to meet in real life?? you're just paying to play a video game for a chick you'll never speak with again for an hour??

Hmm... I guess I understand the concept behind it, but seems kind of silly to me.

18. john law

john law Guest

hey, the more guys that are socially awkward, means there are more girls for you and I.

That is 100% of the reason I'm ok with gay guys. 2 guys taking themselves off the market means more girls that are available to me.

Think glass half full, buddy, and exploit the weak men and use it to your advantage.

19. Reign

Reign Banned

It's not even an hour. It's pay 8-9 dollars and talk to/play a game with them for 10 minutes.

If it was more of the traditional, pay a fee, make a profile and then you guys can play games together if you like that would be more acceptalbe (imo). However this pay for a 10 minute chat while you blast people seems more like a "Talk Dirty" service than a legitimate way to meet women.

I guess it could be used a step up so they can eventually do it for real?

20. THoC

THoC New Member

thats my point. i mean, how sad would you have to be? you want to hear the voice of a girl soooo bad that you will pay to play video games with her?

21. THoC

THoC New Member

oh i get your point 100%. i still cant help but feel bad for those people :hsd:

22. john law

john law Guest

me too man, me too

23. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Back when I still played WoW I would have a few guys tell me that logging in to play with me was the highlight of their day. :hs: One was even sick of playing, but still bought time so he could still talk to me.

24. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hsd: Geez.. sounds like a rip off and a way to exploit money off of these poor people.

I agree.. couldn't you hop on XBox live (or whatever platform you have) and just join a game that has chicks in it for free?? Just pretend you know what they look like and still hear their voices? :hsugh:

25. THoC

THoC New Member

lol

you know what though. ive always been that way. when i was in HS and college i would go out of my way to make friends with socially awkward kids.

although most of the time they were so far gone that even when i tried to make em go out and have fun i would fail.

two of those kids though are now really good friends of mine :)