Onkyo Integra Recievers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lgj24, Oct 29, 2004.

1. lgj24

lgj24 OT Supporter

Alright, I have been introduced by a local shop to Onkyo home audio recievers. I really haven't ever heard anything good/bad or really anything in general about Onkyo. The line is supposedly one of the higher, called "Integra". If anyone's got any comments, or maybe has this equipment, let me know how the good and bad about it.

2. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

Onkyo/Integra has a pretty good reputation. They also have another division - integra research, which is their high-end line.

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

Integra's are very good receivers. I know a lot of people don't really care, but they're also very attractively designed from an aesthetics standpoint. Everytime I went receiver shopping I was always drawn to the Integra's first by looks alone.

I think the Onkyo brand name gets mixed reviews because in addition to the their high end stuff, they also produce quite a few "economy" models that you'll find at the "big box" electronics retailers. So I think that gives some people the impression that they're "cheap" components, even though their higher end models can compete with the best of them.

One thing about the Integra's though is that they seem (to me at least) to be a little overpriced for the features. Thats why I ended up with a Denon... for very similar features and specs, the Denon was several hundred cheaper. I'm sure a real techno-geek could point out a valid technical reason for the increased price, but I couldn't hear it.

4. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

I agree with the post above. Not bad recievers but Denon has better features/value IMO.

5. hypnosmurf

hypnosmurf blue member OT Supporter

They’re neutral sounding receivers that mate up well with paradigm. I almost bought one but I went with the Onkyo clone instead. Most people on AVS.com seem to think there isn’t much difference between the Integra and the Onkyo that can be heard. What kind of speakers you have should also be taken in to consideration when shopping for a receiver.

6. lgj24

lgj24 OT Supporter

funny you should say that...believe it or not, I actually have a set of Paradigm Mini Monitors that i'll be using!! Just curious what you mean when you say "Onkyo clone" ?

I think the Integra's look pretty nice too. It doesn't look too busy/complicated...just a simple basic design to it.

7. hypnosmurf

hypnosmurf blue member OT Supporter

What I mean by Onkyo clone is that they are basically the same receivers I was going to buy the Integra DTR 6.3 and ended up with an Onkyo 601. After a little research I found out people were saying that they were the same receiver with different size buttons. And the Integra was $100 dollars more. You judge for yourself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]