Ones who switched from Verizon to AT&T

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by njftw, Mar 27, 2008.

1. njftw

njftw New Member

Tell me what you think?

I have verizon right now, but I've wanted an iphone forever. I have never had a problem with verizon, I actually like it but the craving for an iphone is getting to me.

How is the service? Is it worth the switch? How different is pricing?

2. aboroth

aboroth OWNED OT Supporter

I siwtched. I had a treo 700w(worst phone ever) and got an iPhone. Pricing is much better was paying $90/mo now paying $70/mo. The only downside is that its only edge but it is fairly responsive on the iPhone. I had many dropped calls with verizon also but that may have been due to the phone.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've always been with AT&T, so I can't really compare to Verizon, but I do know friends who switched, and some said the service was comparable and others said it was better.

All I care about is AT&T supports GSM and Verizon doesn't.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Verizon does support GSM in certain devices -- such as their blackberry 8800.

Regardless, AT&T sucks, imo. My Sprint (CDMA) phone gets coverage everywhere I've been when someone had AT&T... Yet many times my phone has worked in places that theirs would not. Plus the AT&T data network sucks bfdd.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

AT&T's service has been fine for me. I don't even touch their data network; there are no words to express my disinterest in downloading shit onto my telephone. Not that surfing the web on a 1.5" screen doesn't sound awesome, though.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

most of my data is picmail and email... occasionally i have needed to check something in opera on my phone. It's not a computer-replacement, but it has been handy.

Also, i've done PAM in the past.

7. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

Switching from CDMA to GSM is going to be a downgrade in call (sound) quality. Thats my experience anyway, not to mention a downgrade in data as previously stated.

8. asp

asp New Member

As far as dropped calls and shit it just depends on where you live. Just ask one of your friends that has AT&T.

I've never switched service providers, but I've always wondered of theres a chance you wouldnt be able to keep your same number. Is this ever a hassle?

9. Initial E

Initial E New Member

there are tons of factors that play into call quality, not just the network.

I've gone from Verizon to ATT mainly b/c of the international travel I do and the company I work for got us reduced rates and what not.

ATT blows but so did Verizon. With Verizon I never had any dropped calls but I consistently always had to warranty out my phone(s), deal with their below par customer service, and not be able to use my phone when I went out of country. I think in a 2 year time span I had about 8 phones with them. Some had great call quality and some sounded like it was talking through a tin can. No REAL big issues tho. I probably would've stayed if I didnt get a deal through work.

ATT I get dropped calls all the damn time and the service area is horrible. When I went in to my local ATT store with a friend to check out the iPhone I heckled the sales person about my brand new Nokia E62 that didnt have any service in the store. Call quality on that phone was amazing but since I've switched to a Blackberry Curve, and the call quality is trash.

I :dunno: i guess it's hit or miss.

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

keeping your number is known as Wireless Local Number Portability (WLNP). It requires the number be WLNP-eligible and that the carrier you wish to port to has facilities in the exchange your number is assigned from.

You can call and speak with the carrier to determine if the number is portable.

11. Frazz

Frazz New Member

with a good phone its better...