OneNote Startup Item

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TALLandNcharge, Feb 22, 2008.

1. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

How do I get rid of the startup item "OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher"? I've been digging through the OneNote options and haven't seen anything. The reason I want to stop it at startup is because I never use it. I also want to try and get rid of it through the options instead of the winedit.exe or whatever it is.

EDIT: I disabled the OneNote startup item through msconfig and it worked like a charm. I also disabled the Adobe Reader speed thing while I was at it as well. I have 2 more items that I have a question over.

1. InstallShield - What is it? And do I need it in the Startup tab?

2. Cyberlink PowerCinema - I have a DELL Inspiron E1505 and I did a clean install and I installed the MediaDirect thing (just incase) and I'm guess that is where the PowerCinema came from. Is it safe to disable it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. Chris

Chris New Member

start -> run -> msconfig

change the options under the startup tab

3. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

Yeah that was the way I didn't want to do it. I was wandering if there is an actual option in OneNote that I can uncheck or disable instead of messing with msconfig. Because, if I disable it in msconfig the program, OneNote, will still TRY to start the service but it will be unable to do so because Windows will stop it right?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

wrong.

5. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

is there an option when you right click the system tray icon for don't load at startup? If not, msconfig is your best bet.