SRS One Year Sober

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Colonel Panic, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

By the grace of God and the fellowship of AA I had one year on Sunday March 4th. Spent the weekend moving into a new house about 10 minutes from Dr. Bob's :big grin: (couldn't have done that if I was still sitting on a bar stool).

It's true, it keeps getting better.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

WOOT! Congrats man...that's awesome!! :h5:

3. Metal

Metal Active Member

March 5th was 6 Months sober for me.. half a year - I can't believe it. I give everything to my higher power, the AA & NA programs, as well as my family and all the people and friends I have made in AA & NA.

The promises are starting to come true at 6 Months Sober as I have been working the steps with my sponsor for quite awhile now. Things that I had lost in my life as a result of drinking and druggin are starting to come back - and even better things are replacing things I had lost.. My life is second to none today and if I had never been introduced to the program of Alcoholics Anonymous; I never would have been able to come this far - I am truly greatful for the program and my higher power whom I choose to call God today. He saved my life a great number of times while I was using and I now have a clearer vision of why he saved my life over and over. Especially after my last drinking/drugging binge that landed me in the Hospital in Intensive Care for 45 days with the Doctors not thinking I would make it.. then making a drastic turn-around and making it out of there alive with less than a 20% chance of living.. This is what made me realize that my higher power wants me to be alive and he isn't ready for me to leave this life anytime soon until I can spread my message and do my best to help other addicts to the best of my ability and to live life on life's terms, turning my will over to God and doing his will rather than mine, one day at a time. :bigthumb:

4. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

congrats :)

march 13th will be 13 months for me.

things do get alot better, and when they do get shitty its alot easier to deal with them.

right now i am trying to deal with my still active mother that i live with, it makes it that much harder to stay sober, but by the grace of god i do it one day at a time, i would move out but i dont have the income to do that at the moment. im trying to get a new job so i get get set shifts so i can get a part time job also.

5. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

Awsome mate!!

Im 3 months sober things are starting to work out !!!

GREAT JOB DUDE

6. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

7. Aradia

Aradia New Member

:wavey: Another Miracle. Awesome.

Oh and... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hellz yeah.

8. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member