MIL One Service to Another....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Parris04, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Parris04

Parris04 New Member

Any of you warriors start off in one Branch (Air Force, Army, Navy, UCMC) did your bid and then shipped over.

I was talking to my Major last night and I have a theory. How you start off your military career is really the foundation for the rest of your career.

(i.e.I'm started off Marine and now in the Army. )

My last Company Commander started off Airforce and ended up in Infantry Officer. GREAT GUY. Very Smart, probably one of the most prolific tacticians I've ever met. But let's Just say as an Infantry Company Commander, he never really left the Air Force.

"MY" problem I guess you could say is pretty much the same. I have the hardest time dealing with "show me the reg"

I have a cousins is started off in the Army and later joined became a Marine, he said his biggest problem is Marines are overly aggressive IN EVERYTHING. Ha ha ha ha he once told me a story about one of his Marines in 29 Palms (Stumps) died in a motorcycle. And his Joes kept saying HOORAH! At the funeral. He just couldn't figure it out.

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

What are you getting at?

3. Parris04

Parris04 New Member

How you start off your military career is really the foundation for the rest of your career.

4. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Prior Navy FC1, Present Army 1LT

5. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

and you're right....how you "grow up" in the military sets the foundation for your future service, regardless of branch.

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I grew up Air Force and recently switched to the Army. I'm dissapointed that I no longer have stripper Thursdays and ice cream social Fridays.