SRS One of my best friends...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FunkyMunniez, Oct 25, 2008.

1. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

decided to drop me out of their life tonight.:wtc:

I have no idea why...over the past several months I've noticed something off with my buddy John. It used to be that I'd plan to come home from school for a weekend and he'd have already called me the week before so that we could go hit up the neighborhood and go see the rest of our friends who might be home from college that week. However since summer he's gotten very apathetic and doesn't really want to hang out anymore. I'd call to make plans with him, and he'd tell me he's not up to it, then I'd find out he was out with people partying. A few weeks ago a mutual friend told me that I should probably just let it be in a 'you should find a new friend' kind of way. So I called John tonight and it was one of the most strained conversations I've ever had.

The guy was the first friend I made when I moved to Massachusetts over 8 years ago and we were best friends all through grade school. I don't even know what the fuck happened but now the kid doesn't want anything to do with me and avoids me like the plague :(

2. frazlee

frazlee New Member

Need more details, something must have happened for him to do this etc

3. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Nah, don't need any more details.

Dude, first off, yeah it does suck. It is depressing when this happens.
    But.... as people get older people change.
    I am 34 years old and I can think of tons of people that I was very close to that I have drifted apart from over the years.

It is what it is. It does suck, but it is perfectly normal. mooooove on.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

werd. Sometimes people just drift apart.

5. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

Shit just sucks man....I understand people just drift apart but the kid's been my best friend for a little more than a decade.:(

6. Just let it go...if you aren't friends anymore, than you aren't friends anymore. I guess people just change, you know?

I've seen this happen throughout my own life, even more so since college since then you never really see your old friends anymore...so whoever DOES call you to hang out or you call them and they are excited to see you after whatever some months...those are who your real friends are.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Do you have any indications on 'why' you think he ditched you, something maby not so appreciative in your own behaviour that he didn't like?