One month after ending a 3 year relationship I need advice...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ari1979, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

I'm leaving for school tomorrow and I have yet to deal with a garbage bag full of crap from my 3 year relationship. After we broke up I threw everything that reminded me of her in the bag and I don't know what to do with it. There are countless letters, cards, presents, etc. in there (hundreds and hundreds of dollars). I'm leaving for school tomorrow and I certainly don't want to come home to this stuff but I may regret throwing it away?

What do you do with your ex's stuff? Any advice is appreciated :)

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Why would you throw presents away ?

3. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

:dunno:

4. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

A garbage bag is too much to keep obviously, but throwing it all away would be throwing a part of you life away. I'd say get a shoe box and put the most important things and some pictures in there and hide that away.

5. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I just sent the most meaningful things that were part of my last relationsip back to her. Kept the only shit that didnt blantently have her name and or image of her on it, including a $300 custom silver chain.

6. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

I'd like some advice here too. I just threw everything that she gave me in my roommates room till he comes back. I have every note, a notebook she wrote for me, and everything she gave me. I bought a small Tupperware container to put it in and then throw it in the back of my closet, but I don't know if that is healthy. Plus I have all her shit she leave here when she spent the night too.

7. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

I guess i'll keep the meaningful and expensive things in a shoebox. maybe i'll duct tape it up and stash it somewhere... :hs:

On another note, I've had the temptation tonight to give her a call (we haven't had one word all month) and ask to meet up just to de brief before I head out of town. I'm sure that neither one of us wants to get back together, I just want to make sure she's ok. I want to just say Hi and agree that we finally made a healthy decision in our relationship. Stupid idea?

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I threw pretty much everything other than significant gifts and photos away from all my ex's :dunno:

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

burn that shit unless you think you may get back together

10. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I never keep anything from my ex's, but for the most part he relationships never ended well, and there is no reason for me to keep things when I move on in my life. Ex's are ex's for a reason, and if I DO feel the need to think about them, I have memories.

Plus, how many times do you actually think you will pull it out and look at it?

11. Boosted98gsx

Boosted98gsx Active Member

Storage room?

12. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I regret nothing

13. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

:roflw:

Keep that shit

14. xconverge

xconverge OT Supporter

Hell yea my ex gave me a 300 dollar fluid head tripod and an 18v drill and drill bit set. I would have sinned to get rid of it. And I do not think of her when i am drilling holes into the wall to hang a picture.

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I have way too much stuff that's my ex's...an inflatable pool, airbed, cooler, glasses, computer, books, CD's, pics of us, sleeping bag, things that I got when I was with her, etc. I don't want to just trash them. I wouldn't mind giving them away but they don't really bother me.

If it's bothering you maybe you should get rid of them.

16. chainsawbarbie

chainsawbarbie New Member

sell the stuff. I sold a gift guitar for a TV :wiggle:

17. roedrp

roedrp New Member

pawn shop, fire pit or keep it...depends on what it is and how badly you feel about it.

18. awlewis

awlewis New Member

you could always donate instead of throwing it out.

19. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Trash the garbage
    Goodwill the shit you don't need
    Keep the stuff that's useful.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I pitch notes and stuff, I delete any 'couply' pics and keep ones that are just of me or of events group photos, etc.
    Most recent bf was super lame and the only presents I received from him were
    a pair of earrings which I love and still wear, and a DVD of Jurassic park which I still watch :py
    My first serious bf gave me a ring that I have no idea what to do with. I don't wear it b/c it seems significant to our relationship (anniversary gift) more so than earrings. I feel bad selling them and making money off of a gift, but I have no idea where he is or anything to give it back

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I keep it all for my kids. They may appreciate going through that stuff someday.

Well not "all". I try to reduce everything to one box of stuff for each relationship. With my ex-wife, we were talking about like 10 boxes of trinkets whittled down to one small box.

I seal it up and put it in the back of the closet, which I never go through.

But it's there for my kids someday if they find that sort of thing interesting.

22. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

One day they may have children. :dunno:

I have shit from my first girlfriend in a box somewhere I think.

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

that's what I mean too.

I didn't have children with my first girlfriend, but I still have the shit from my relationship with her (a small box of stuff anyway) because I know that my kids might find it interesting someday to know stuff about my different relationships.

24. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

The way I see it, it's a way for my children to get to know ME a little better by seeing stuff from my past. I've been a pack rat all my life for this reason. Keeping things I think my children (or back then, my future children) would want to know about me.

I don't know jack shit about my parents, and I didn't want my kids to go through life without knowing me. So I keep shit, I've written them letters in journals, and stuff like that so that someday when I'm gone, they'll have some stuff to remember me by...if only for the moments they go through it when I'm gone.

25. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I think sending things back to your ex is kinda stupid. If they gave you a necklace or a ring or a watch in you send it back, imo, its just a slap in the face and you have to do something about it. You can't really regift it for a new SO.