A&P One mazing night. ( MMA Fight Night )

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by iRate, Feb 28, 2010.

1. iRate

iRate New Member

Well tonight I had my first MMA fight assignment. let me tell you, its fun watching it, but amazing to shoot. Im going to start processing the images tomorrow. so you'll have to deal with iphone pics. Once I am done processing, I'll be sure to post up what I got.

Gear that was used was 50d, 24-70 and 70-200IS all night. 1/250-400. 2.8 iso 1600-2500 ( most of these will not be printed larger than 8x10...if I do, I will use fractals and N.N to help out on the noise. ( 3200 max is usable on this POS lol )

Seat one, was right behind the cage, front row seat. Great for upclose. But everytime I panned, I got focus on the linked fence :(

pic of seat one

[​IMG]

Seat 2 was up on a balcony which I used 70-200 IS. great shots but still nothing I was "Thrilled" about.

Pic from seat two

[​IMG]

Seat three. I still can't believe I got this spot to shoot. chimping between rounds, I had some amazing shots. having 2 people fighting slamming eachother into a linked fence right by your feet is a rush.... the main card, a fighter on his back, straight down from me looked up and smiled multiple times for a good shot LOL

here is a pic of seat three. ( this was taken by a fan and he send it to me, sorry for the shitty quality, but you get the idea. )

[​IMG]

2. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

No shots no care...you cock teasing knt.

I'm jealous, how'd you get access and the opportunity? How many shots did you end up taking for the whole event?

3. iRate

iRate New Member

Looking at my folder. I shot 938 images....who knows how many are usable though.

as for the access. Friends dad is the runner of the venue, so he called the runners of the event. He slipped me money after wards ( wasnt excepting to get paid ) and it was 1k cash in a envelop :hsugh:

Now they want me to shoot another event in April and follow them around the state with other shows. Hopefully I can get Nicholas to tag along.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010