Once a cheater, always a cheater?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Socrates, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Or do you think women can be tamed?

Specifically, I mean girls that cheat while in high school, is it probably set in stone that they will cheat forever?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I don't think that cheating in high school is necessarily an indicator that they will cheat later on. At least, not for all women.

Most people go through a lot of maturation after high school and college. Just like men, some (hopefull most) gain maturity as they get older and more life experience. I know that I am definitely more mature now than I was in high school.

And "tamed"? they're women, not pets.

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You knew what I meant, and I didn't mean it as disrespectful.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Depends on the girl; if a girl doesn't develop more maturity in her lifestyle by the time she's a couple years into college, I'd say it's a strong possibility that you can assume she'll still be a cheater. Ones who mature in their lives, probably at some point will or have learned that cheating is bad, they can't get away with it, and thus they learn not to do it.

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I'd say give a woman a cooldown timer, and figure out why the hell they cheated. If it's something retarded or was completely and blatently non other than being unfaithful then drop it.

highschool cheating doesn't really count, college counts a little bit.. Marriage cheating is a big fucking red X.

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

"Cheating" is such an open concept. It assumes a whole lot of things that may not be true.

7. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Yep, once a cheater always a cheater :)

Thats one of my life's principles, screw me over once, and you're cut off from me for ever :)

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think people change alot as they age. If they're cheating at 15 it doesn't mean anything. If they're still cheating at 30 it might be a bad sign.

9. i94tex

i94tex New Member

Nope. Not set in stone. High school is a long way from "forever".

10. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I'm not a female, but I have cheated before. I was driven to it. I love my current SO so much that I wouldn't ever consider it. So I guess people can change. It all depends on what kind of person you are.

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

It really depends on what the situation was and how mature she is now. If she cheated on every bf she had with multiple guys then she's probably still a cheater. If it was just once or twice and she realizes it was wrong then you are probably ok.

12. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

I don't think, "once a cheater, always a cheater". However, plenty of females I know do have repeating relationship patterns, even after they are married! They will even say that they love their husband or fiancee more than anything... but still be begging another guy to spend the night if he is out of town! I think for guys, it's very similar, along the lines of "well if the opportunity is there..."

Love is a funny thing, it doesn't really make sense, and it's hard to trust something that isn't reasonable.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

EVERYONE, and I mean everyone can cheat. And yes, once a cheater it's even easier to change again. The most important fact is that people can't change.

14. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Some people do change and grow up. I made one mistake in high school that i will NEVER repeat. it still haunts me to this day.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

People can mature, but not change

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Kind of a bold claim there...care to back it up?

17. iwishyouwerebeer

It is bold, but that's just how I see it. We are who we are, and maybe we grow as a person and alter our opinions and actions, but deep down we are the same person we always were

18. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I don't agree with that at all. There are things in our lifetimes that can truly alter who we are. the choices i made then and the choices i make now make me a different person.

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I personally think women (and men) cheat when they are unhappy with their current partner. It also goes hand in hand with immaturity, and not being adult enough to break up with the "bad" partner. I find that most cheaters will cheat with someone who is more "adult" than their current partner, and often their partner is very "child like". This is the whole "stuck in a relationship with someone who is wrong for me" concept. Lack of sex, bad sex, all that crap that happens in a relationship often happens (in my opinion) because the partners are not equal and do not have a proper balance together. Typically, I think, the woman is very dominating and the male is very passive, when it should be flipped around.

Is this always the case? Well, doh, of course not, just what I see.

I have seen cheaters completely turn around and be faithful because they finally found a partner that matches them emotionally and maturity-wise.

Bottom line: I think cheating is a symptom of a bad relationship and immaturity which prevents people from breaking up and finding a better partner.