A&P On the sidelines...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 93POSFord, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 93POSFord

93POSFord Lurking Member

...at my nephew's t-ball game.

These were taken about a month ago, but I've finally got a few spare minutes to post them up. The kids are only about 3 years old, so trying to get decent shots was more fun than actually watching the "game".

1. He wasn't a big fan of playing defense. I can't really blame him - at that age, the fun part is hitting the ball. Is it me, or does my 3 year old nephew look closer to 5 or 6 here?
    [​IMG]

2. He may or may not have actually hit the ball, but he's running anyway.
    [​IMG]

3. Inside the park home run I guess. Here he is on his way to third.
    [​IMG]

4. Rounding third and heading home!
    [​IMG]

5. Defense was no fun, so this how he spent the 2nd inning.
    [​IMG]

6. End of the game, congratulating the other team.
    [​IMG]

7. This boy ran up to me after the game and asked me to take his picture. I asked him to smile several times, and this is what I got. It was bright out, but not THAT bright, so I thought it was kind of a funny picture.
    [​IMG]

The boy's mother (my sister-in-law) really liked how the pictures came out, so I imagine I'll be invited to future sporting events. Any tips on how to improve my shots?

2. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

take pics of people with eyes

:rofl:

nice pics, very happy pics

3. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

1-4: Bright background + matrix metering = underexposed subject. When you see situations like this, either use fill flash or bump the exposure compensation up a stop or two.

Some are oof too, might want to stick to single point AF, focus, and recompose. Scenes like #6 the cam will almost always focus on the people closer in instead of the subject on multi-point af.

Cute kiddo! no pedo

4. 93POSFord

93POSFord Lurking Member

I see what you mean on #6. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention before, but I see now that the other kid's hand appears to be the sharpest part of the shot.

Thanks for the feedback!