ON Protein Bad?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bacid, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bacid

bacid New Member

I've been taking the ON gold label vanilla protein for awhile but a guy at the supplement store where i get it from told me it's bad due to the high cholesterol content and then he recommended a different brand.

I never really noticed this before and was wondering if he;'s right or should I ignore him?

2. PaddoK

PaddoK Some dolphins get massacred, some dolphins get blo

ignore. let me guess gnc brand

3. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

If anyone in a store says anything to you and they dont look like a hardcore body builder then they are probably full of shit, and even if they do look freakishly good, they are still probably trying to sell you something so they can hit a quota.

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

30mg of cholesterol per serving is not going to kill you; in fact it only accounts for 10% of your daily intake assumed under a 2,000 cal diet. A cholesterol free protein might be better, but for the price/taste/quality of ON it is worth it. 30mg is very insignificant in the big scheme of daily food intake.

A chicken breast has more cholesterol than a scoop of ON. Are you going to stop eating those too?

5. benny196

benny196 New Member

So bad that everyone on here reccomends it.

6. bacid

bacid New Member

Thanks for all the comments.. much appreciated.

It wasn't GNC but a brand called dynamite elize.. when he recommended that to me I figured they got more commission % selling that brand.

Especially considering what benny196 stated, a lot of ppl here on OT and a few other BBforums (elitefitness?) recommended this protein which is why I started taking it.

Thanks again.

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I use Dymatize elite, substance WPI, and ON currently. It's all the same shit, man. Just go for what you like most and don't believe anything you hear in the gym or at a store for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.