MIL On Call in Hell

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gtcrispy, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

2. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

On page 3. Good read so far. I can't even begin to imagine how corpsmen/medics make the choice of who's only slightly wounded. Who they think they can save and who's going to die and move on to the next guy.

3. darnit

darnit New Member

Thank God I have never had to make that choice in RL and only in traning.
    The odd thing is in HM(hospital corpsman A school), they teach you to save everyone.
    When you go to field med school, they teach you to fix some, and after you patch a few up they can return fire" YOU ONLY NEED ONE EYE TO SHOOT".
    Then on the ship , they teach you that some are going to die, but the ship comes first.
    When I was apply for the flying squad(first response team for damage control), I had an oral board before they would let me on it. There was a HMC(E-7) and this was his question.
    Your in a flooding compartment, you have 3 wounded, 2 dead and you. The hole needs 3 bodies to plug it, and you can only use bodies.. what do you do.
    The question was just as bad as the correct answer.
    Dope up the most wounded that isn't going to make it. And he becomes body number three.:eek4:
    Of course i got it wrong, but was still allowed to become a member.I was an e-2 and about shit myself when he told me the answer.