OMG what is wrong

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ctang CG5, Nov 2, 2003.

1. ctang CG5

ctang CG5 New Member

i have a wireless router setup to service my laptop with onboard wireless card. all of the sudden the wireless signal ALWAYS disconnects for like 1 second, enough to kick me off whatever im doing online, and then it picks up the signal again. it has nothing to do with the router or my cable modem cus i get online 100% if i plug it in directly to the router.

so do you think i broke my wireless card somehow?

2. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

Upgrade drivers and firmware to the latest for all wireless nics on the network (going to windows update is not good enough, go get the drivers from the OEM site). likewise upgrade the firmware in the router to the latest.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Some 2.4Ghz cordless phones can do this if they poll the handset at a set interval. I have a panasonic that does this if I leave the reciever off the base.

4. ctang CG5

ctang CG5 New Member

oh i c ty guys for the input much appreciated. ill go update.

5. ctang CG5

ctang CG5 New Member

anyways...firmware all upgraded and still disconnecting at random intervals. it looses connection for one second and then automatically picks it up again...and its getting real annoying. there is something wrong with either the wireless part of the router or the wireless card in my laptop.. any more suggestions?

EDIT: btw i have a netgear mr814v2 wireless router. it works consistently only when its plugged in directly to router.

6. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

that shit happens with my linksys ethernet card as well (but when i use d-link card which came with my router, it doesnt disconnect and my cordless phone is 900mhz i think)

7. ctang CG5

ctang CG5 New Member

well after it reconnected its been staying on wireless connection for 1 hr now. hope it stays this way. ty again guys. :crossfingers: