Omg Omg...wtf...happened!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Battousai, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Battousai

Battousai New Member

This is a CRAZY ASS story.....

I cant even begin to think how NUTS this is...

Okay, so I was gone all day....doing my thing...and so I run wireless music with my iBook, to my PC, and stream it to my airport...so it runs sometimes when I am gone....

So I come back, and its locked up...Bigger than shit...so I shut down, and restart....and I hear my Hardrive being louder than shit.....sounds like an old clock...going clock clock clock...

so I am like shit..is it just spinning...WTF....So I open disk utility with the CD, because the sucker will not book, just apple screen....and it takes forever with the disk.....

so I tried to verfy the disk, it cant do it...nothing is there...cant even repair it!!! Wont do any image restore...I am FREAKING OUt..

all my music, files...AHHHHH....so I try again....

boot again....nothing, HD louder than shit.....

so now I am pissed, and I am lifting my labtop in the air, putting it on the side to hear the HD..and still nothing....., then I boot again...same loudness....and this time, got really pissed and hit near the mouse track pad, with a closed downward fist...and WaLa, the noise is gone! And it boots faster than crap, and is working again....

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugh: :eek4: :eek3:

Does anybody know...?? did my HD needle get off track? I dont think this is a shiftshaper thing...or a screensaver...since those are the only two things non-related mac on there...since they have worked forever now..shapeshifter is currently installed but off due to the fact I havent paid money....But MAN...

anybody????

2. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

i'd backup all your music. sounds like your computer is nearing the end of its life :eek4:

3. Battousai

Battousai New Member

LOL, I hope not...its not even that old...like almost maybe 2 years?? I am not sure...but near that...that would be DA GAY

4. LiekOMG

LiekOMG New Member

Jenna Jameson's School of the "Performing Arts"
    Yep, sounds like the hard drive is about to fail. What you heard is known as the click of death. Back up your stuff and call Apple to get it replaced.

5. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Its been running like a champ all day long....restarted up 8 times...no problem thus far...

6. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

give it 2-20 weeks.. that champ will die down! BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

please...... use....... fewer....... ellipses..... next........ time........ k....... thx :hsugh:

also, replace your hard drive :o

8. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Update.

I tried to copy the files VIA wireless, and it locked up..and did the same thing.

So at this point..I am getting scared! I finally got it to boot, and doing a hard copy of date with wires...

I might go down to a local Apple store here in Bloomington and have them check it..

I searched online how-to replace your own HD...Very tricky, but I can do it to save money if need be, BUT does anybody know where I can buy a good Hitachi HD for my G4 iBook (800) ??

Any help would be awsome :)

9. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

Did you check ebay? Some of the hard drives already have os x preinstalled.

10. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Nope, Not yet....

Want to buy from a retail place incase I do...its running fine right now...got all the files copied...Might re-install the OS and see if that makes it more stable...

Some part of me wonders if there is a bad sector? Because I doubt a Screen savor or shapeshifter has anything to do with this..lol

But I will find out this weekend.