LGBT OMG... I'm too nice!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Konowl, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Konowl

Konowl New Member

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1043027&page=1&pp=25

Everything was fine with my ex, because I was more of the "asshole" type... when I fell in love with him, I totally turned into Mr. Nice, and that's when things changed.

This is like... a revelation! I'm too fucking nice!

The last couple of months with him... I was way too fucking nice, always offering to pay, offering to do things, always trying to make HIM happy.

I feel so enlightened!

2. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I don't really feel like reading a 10 page thread, but I know what it feels like to get taken advantage of because I was being too nice. To be perfectly honest, it pissed me off to know that people I trusted could and would do something like that, but I mean from their perspective it was partially my own fault as well.

Trust me, even the nicest people or your closest friends will take advantage of you if you let them. It's not always true, but it happens. That doesn't necessarily make them bad people, it's just unconsciously done out of convenience sometimes. I mean if someone is too nice to the point where it becomes hard to respect them, it's often difficult not to use them for stuff.

I don't agree with people doing this, but I can understand the behavior and I acknowledge the fact that it is a two-way street. There's always a happy medium to this sort of thing. You have to respect yourself enough to know when people are trying to take advantage of you. And if and when it does happen, you have to be firm yet understanding about the situation. It's just a fact of any relationship, whether it be with a significant other or just friends.

I hope I didn't digress too much from what you were trying to get at :)

3. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Mother-fucking :werd:

4. Konowl

Konowl New Member

That's the problem, it's clear as a bell to me now. My lack of self-confidence and my desire to constantly please my partner was my downfall. I just talked to his roomate, and he said if I had just stayed away for a couple of weeks my ex would have gotten back with me.

Life's funny. It took me until I was 27 to realize how needy I am, and I have to change that, NOW. I want my ex, but I do NOT need him. Why couldn't I realize that?!

I'm meeting up with my ex tomorrow to pickup my laptop. He's been so fuckign weird lately.... he's so confused and has no idea what he wants. I'm gonig to take him out to coffee, tell him I will NOT be communicating with him, that it's up to HIM to communicate with me. I'm going to tell him that if he wants to give it another chance, I'm willing, but I will not be waiting around for him.

I haven't been this happy in months! It's like a strange moment of inner clarity. I have never had as much self-confidence or purpose in life as I've had today, and I feel fucking grand.

5. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Get your lap top and don't waste your time telling him what you're going to do. I'm dead serious. I've already been through that with my ex, TRUST ME. Don't talk, just DO IT.

6. Konowl

Konowl New Member

Nah, it will take 5 minutes to say. I'm going to tell him. It's not really a big deal, I don't care anymore, honestly... :)