SRS OMG, I'm posting here v need help with romantic stuff

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SonicYan, Nov 7, 2006.

1. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

Hey guys, I guess I'll post this here since I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Anyway, I'm involved in a long distance relationship. I'm looking for ideas/ways to be romantic with my girlfriend, without spending that much. I already spend a shit ton just on international calls. But she still wants more.

Anyway, she's been saying a lot that I'm not that romantic. Currently, we are a bit on the rocks because of this. I guess I really am not that romantic. :hs: Occassionally, I'll send her a romantic text message, but I guess she still wants more. I'm not really that good with writing/poetry, so I can't really send her sweet nothings that often.

So any ideas?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

LDR's don't work out if the people don't decide to stay permanently together on a rather short notice. I mean just look at what she is writing to you 'you aren't romantic ', how the duece can you be romantic with 'anyone' who is over a 1000 miles away? a phonecall can't replace a smile, a card send cannot replace having a date together. Honestly if your serious about her, move out and go with her, or let her move in with you.

Out of eye is out of heart, so in other words the complaints are only going to get worse as time progresses.

3. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

Well, I am moving over there by next year. Anything to tide her before I move there in 6 months. :hs:

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Get a local shop by her to send her flowers with a card. Send her a box of chocolates with a small heart attached to it with a picture of you two. Have a singing mailcard guy go to her door.

Think of something that you have done together and bring her back to that memory to share with you, even if you are hundreds of miles away.

I guess that's what she is looking for. Something that she can say, "This is the guy that I'm seeing. Look what he did for me."

Though, in my mind... that's not a person I would associate myself with. However, girls have different needs, and guys have different opinions.

5. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

Not bad, although they do require spending a bit.

But that memory thing sounds like a good idea. Thanks. :h5:

6. Dorn

Dorn New Member

She must say little things that she likes that won't cost that much, or there must be something between the two of you that means a lot that you can buy her to send that little memory. Like, for example, maybe she's had a name for you that corresponds to a movie characater or an animal. Go buy her one of those and ship it to her with a couple other small things.

7. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

That sounds like a good idea, will try that.

8. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

FYI, the calling cards you pick up and the gas station are supper cheap per minute. You call a 800 number, then enter the number you wish to call, a passcode and your talking. I've used them to call international on my cell phone with no issues......

9. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

Yeah, I've tried those. Most of them are pretty crappy. You don't really get the number of advertised minutes, most likely less. You also have to use it within a certain number of days. Plus the connection most of the time is pretty crappy too, extreme lag and echo. :mad:

10. Aviv

Aviv OT Supporter

LDR's aren't cheap, no matter how you slice it. Send her flowers, send her a card. Write her a handwritten letter. Send her something you own that can remind her of you (even if it's just an old shirt or something..it will smell like you). Save up for a trip to see her.

11. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

Yeah, I guess I can do those. The trip I'm already doing next year.