OMFG hard drive error.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, May 18, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Different computer than the one I just put the SSD in. I have a RAID array, 500GB, and I decided to use Norton PartitionMagic to cut it into two partitions. So I do that, and everything's fine, but after rebooting and running for a few minutes, Windows decides to shit itself with some error in NTFS.SYS. Now it tries to boot up, but fails, and PartitionMagic won't even read the partition table on the RAID array. When I put in the single hard drive that the machine used to use, it gets the same fucking error! It's like, as soon as anything tries to touch the RAID array at all, NTFS.SYS just can't handle it and brings the entire fucking system to a halt! I can't even run the Windows Install disc without it having a fucking seizure when it looks at the RAID array's partition table. WHAT THE FUCK!

How am I supposed to fix the disk (or even reformat the fucking thing) if anything that can do the job shits itself as soon as it tries? Is there ANY software that can bulldoze the fucking thing, if nothing else?

2. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

Active Kill Disk?

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I ended up deleting the array, creating two new ones in its place, reinitializing both of them, then deleting them and re-creating the original array. Didn't save me from having to re-instate the backup I made of the original single disk, but at least the effing thing works now.

Who makes partitioning software that can't bulldoze a faulty partition table, anyway? That seems like a pretty fundamental flaw in the design.