Oldsmobile Aurora/Shelby Series I

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PeacefulAnarchy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy You get one for the money, two for the show, three

I feel like a complete retard for asking this, but would it be possible to supercharge an Aurora to Shelby Series I performance? I know the Shelby has a modded engine but I think the Aurora looks so damn sexy. What are the differences between the two engines?

I know the Aurora is FWD, which means you'd torque steer into a tree, but it'd be fun on a straightaway.

So is this possible or not? Or at least possible in theory?

2. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

anything is possible with enough money

3. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

I was about to flame because I thought you trying to mod your Aurora to race your friend's stage 1 Mustang, but you couldn't be that stupid... so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wiki'd it. Never knew of this car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Series_1

4. Fareo

Fareo New Member

yes, but it would require alot of work. just becasue you share the same engine doesnt nessassarly mean you can get the same performance. there are alot of other factors that come into play then horespower.

your gonna need to lower it (give your self a better center of gravity), stiffen up the suspention to handle the torq trasnfer, your drivetrain is gonna need some work to handle the power becasue the stock olds drivetrain wasnt designed to handle the shelbys power output. if you can afford id suggest converting it to RWD, but then were talking serious mods.

all and all, you can make your olds haul ass, but its not gonna feel, or drive like the shelby untill you do some Major mods.

i donno if this helps or not :dunno: