old school piledriver rf's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idontgiveashit, Sep 24, 2002.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

my chemistry teacher says he had 4 18in piledriver subs in his 87 camaro when he was in highschool. Hes got a 27% hearing loss, and i didnt think they had these subs in the late 80s. How good are these if tthey did put them out, any specs?

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

bass dosent cause hearing loss subs just started to come around in teh late 8s i thought they only came in 8s but i could be wrong

3. idontgiveashit

thats what he said also, he said that his highs was what did it. He also had 2 12's in at the same time he says. It was walled. Im going to ask for some pics tommarow.

4. the Pyle of today is a mere shadow of what it was.

Pyle back in the 80s made some of the ebst subs on the markets

Now they are slightly higher than pyramid level :(

:cry:

5. idontgiveashit

so basically my teacher is lying, he said they were RF 18s in the late 80s, which did not exist.

6. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

tweeters kill peoples ears 99% of the time before subs do

7. 04

04 Guest

bass can and does cause hearing loss, it just isnt as profound as high frequencies. If you stuck your head in a car doing 170dB+ I would venture to say you would be deaf pretty quick, even at low frequencies.

Subwoofers have been around for quite some time now...

8. uptown

uptown

straight from pyle

:bowdown: About PYLE AUDIO

IT ALL STARTED IN 1965 IN QUIETVILLE, U.S.A.... A SMALL, AMARICAN VILLAGE THAT VIRTUALLY OVERNIGHT, WAS ROCKED BY THE LOUDEST, MEANEST, NASTIEST GANG OF DRIVERS EVER TO POUND THE PAVEMENT.

IT WAS THERE THAT EXTREME CAR AUDIO WAS BORN... LONG BEFORE ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SOUND-OFFS AND COMPITITIONS. LONG BEFORE ANY ONE EVER FELT THE THUNDER OF A SUBWOOFER ON WHEELS. THE LEGEND SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE LAND. FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS, PYLE DRIVERS WERE THE #1 NEMESIS OF PEACE AND QUIET ALL OVER THE NATION.

THE GOOD CITIZENS OF QUIETVILLE SHUTTERED THEIR DOORS, KEPT THEIR DAUGHTERS IN AT NIGHT, AND SOON FORCED THE FOUNDING FATHERS TO SEND THOSE ANGRY PYLES AWAY FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS.....

DONT LOOK NOW, BUT...GUESS WHO'S BACK!

(WITH A VENGEANCE!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: