Old-School Isobaric Subwoofer. *pic* Any good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by phatbastard, Jul 23, 2002.

1. phatbastard

phatbastard Guest

I have an opportunity to get this for around $200. I know Advent isn't in the car audio biz any more, but anybody know how they used to be? Should I get it?
    [​IMG]

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i remember those, i have not seen one for a few years.:eek: 10"??? new???

3. phatbastard

phatbastard Guest

No, it's used. The guy said he made a mold off of the original wood box and that this box was milled out of Formica(?). It is ported, should isobaric enclosures have a port? And is this higher end stuff, or are we talking flea market find?

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i was wondering why the enclosure did not have the 2 toned grey speckled look. as long as the internal volume is the same, and the port is tuned the same as the original enclosure it should be fine. if it clues you in any, advent's parent company(recoton) is the same as jensen and other assorted radio shack brandnames. that sub is a very good sounding sub, but i personally would not pay more than $100. figure this when buying used stereo equipement. as soon as you walk out the door of the stereo shop it decreases in value by 1/2, a year later it is only worth a 1/4 of the original msrp.

5. phatbastard

phatbastard Guest

Thanks for the tip.