Old red paint is starting to turn pink...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by assclown, Mar 7, 2004.

1. assclown

assclown Active Member

Hey guys there is a spot on my red paint that is starting to turn pink. I have a 91 Honda CRX. Paint is original. Is there any way to cure this? I tried this on another car and it just made it worse. I was using Turtle Wax compound.

I religiously wash/wax/maintain my paint, but this spot has been there since I bought the car.

Back in September I used ClayMagic Claybar, applied Meguiar's Step 1 and Step 2, then a coat of NuFinish wax. I garaged the car, and took out out about a month ago. I want to do everything over again. If someone can recommend a new product line, I'd really appreciate it. I'm hearing great things about the new NXT Tech wax, so I was thinking about giving it a try.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Go through the product list. Other than NXT, stay away from Meguiars consumer lines and use their Mirror Glaze line. Much better products and longer lasting results.

Your CRX obviously does not have a clear coat, so you need to make sure you polish and wax every few months to keep the paint from oxidizing.

3. assclown

assclown Active Member

Thank you Scottwax :love:

Here are some bad pics of it last time it was waxed. I want to try to get it looking better. Is it even possible? I know the pics don't show my paint too well. The fade is in a small area on the other side of the car, not shown in the pictures :o I'll try to get a picture of that though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd have to know what steps and products you are using to know what you can do to get even more shine.

5. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

shit man for original paint ur car looks fuckin good still