old HP laptop... what to do?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ruddah, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ruddah

Ruddah New Member

So a friend of mine had an old HP omnibook that he gave me & I'm debating on what to do with it. Its an omnibook 4150 which originally has about 96mb of memory and originally had a 6gb hard drive. I replaced the hard drive with the drive in my old laptop so it now has 60gb. originally running windows 98 but now has xp. however running into a few issues.

it has a linksys wireless card that worked when it had 98. but I don't have the cd for it so now that I have xp I can't use it. anyone know where i can find the drivers for it? Its a linksys WCP54G ver 3.

I was debating of putting linux on it instead of windows, but what would the best version be? like I said the specs aren't that great, but then again the computer is probably 10 years old. Also if I used linux instead would there be any issues with my wireless card?

any ideas?

2. Boosted4g

Boosted4g New Member

Something that old..... Donate it to the Smithsonian.

3. Ruddah

Ruddah New Member

I was hoping to get it working first. I don't have a computer right now so I've been using my roommate's. So i was planning on getting that one working atleast to get online until i get a new one....

4. peerk

peerk New Member