COMIC Old Comic Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SixSecrets, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

When I my SO and I split he left his comic book collection behind. I'd give them back to him, except I have no idea where he is (and yes, I did make an effort to find him). So, the comic books have been in a huge box for the past 7 or 8 years. I dug them out the other day while Spring cleaning. I'm thinking they must be valuable, they are all in plastic envelopes. Most are Superman, Batman, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, The Hulk, etc. Some are 35 cents, some are 25 cents, some are 75 cents, some are 10 cents, some are a dollar--really the prices on them vary. There are several complete series (i.e. A Superman 6 Part Mini-Series by Byrne & Giordano).

My question is: What do I do with them? Do I hang on to them? Are they worth anything? Should I donate them to the library? Any information you could supply would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,
    6S

2. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

seeing as we are on the nets here, your best bet would be to take the whole box to a well known and reputable comic book store, let them look it over for a few days, and give you a rough estimate of the value of each. you should categorize and write down all thats in there first and then take them, also you should offer some kind of monetary stipend for doing the legwork. once you know the value, be prepared to receive about half of what its worth.

if thats the way you want to go. otherwise you can just tape the box up, throw my name on it and send it out to me :x:

3. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

or me :hs:

Seriously though, that's good advice. Ebay is a toss up, some stuff sells at value or over guide value, but most sells under (so it would seem, except for the stuff that I want).

4. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Getting someone else to price them is good advice. But you should catalog them first to make sure none get "misplaced." Then hock them on ebay. Unless you decide that some are of enough value to you, then you could just hold on to them.

5. redlxn

redlxn New Member

6. Brain-Sprain

Brain-Sprain New Member

catalog price them yourself, and ebay. chances are if the comic doesnt display a first appearence, or isnt a 1st issue dont expect it to be to much. my opinion is biased though, cheap stuff in my collection is around $300 bucks

7. axio

axio New Member

Honestly, not much. Most CBS (comic book stores) are hurt for money these days and won't buy it. Most eBayers are snooty and wont touch anything that isn't graded. You'd be better either selling the whole box or just keeping them.

If you make a list w/pictures we can probably help give you an idea of prices. Some people might buy stuff off you also :)

8. Brain-Sprain

Brain-Sprain New Member

i have an issue of spiderman 300, got it for 50 buks when i was 15, fuker is now 1300.!