COMIC Okay what in the mother fuck did I just watch v.Perfect Blue

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Girder_Shade, May 17, 2009.

1. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

So I just finished watching Perfect Blue for the first time (late I know) and I gotta say every few mins I kept going WTF this movie is a head trip.
    I still don't really get it.

So who was really doing the killing and why did Mima have a double of herself trying to kill her?
    Also what was the go with that Me-Mania stalker dude? Was he actually connected or was she just imaging it?

I think I'm gonna have to watch it again. :o

2. JP

JP Active Member

i think i understood it a bit after the third time, been like 3 years since i watched it last so i cant even start to explain it right now :rofl:

will rewatch

3. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

I watched it last night after having seen it many years ago.
    This is what happened:

*spoilers*

1. Mimi's female manager wanted her to be a successful pop idol and went so far as to emulate Mimi in dress, room etc. because she was utterly delusional and hated her fat ugly self, idolizing Mimi's beautuy. She was what Mimi saw at the end trying to kill her.

2. The female manager was colluding with that troll guy to create a site that would pressure Mimi to go back to becoming an idol. That scene where Mimi's image was beside him at the computer was probably the manager dressed up in the wig. Together they killed all the people who ruined Mimi's innocence and perceived perfection.

3. Mimi was, I think switched between different apartments -- her manager's and hers. They were identical. It would explain why she found the bag of bloody clothing (Mimi wasn't really killing the photographer, it was the manager). The fish being dead and alive are clues to the apartment she's in. I can't remember which indicates which, but the apartment at the end with the fish dead or alive is the manager's apartment.

4. So once the troll guy was killed, the manager removed evidence of his body and comforted Mimi.

5. Mimi was also delusional and saw her figure as a pop idol. She was, I think, confused about reality and the show she was acting in since both seemed to meld into each other. At the end when she sees herself trying to kill her, that's her super-imposing her delusions onto the manager. I don't think the manager ever appeared as Mimi before then in any of the scenes.

4. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

Thanks for the insight, makes alot more sense now.
    It really is a classic, pretty awesome anime right there. :bowdown: