COMIC Okay, so I'm new to all this.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BlackMagik55, Feb 7, 2008.

1. BlackMagik55

BlackMagik55 "9 millimetres. I'm never further away than that.

When I was a little kid, my dad used to be into comic books, and every now and then I would pick one up and read it, but the whole thing never really interested me. That is until now, for some reason I've taken a huge interest in reading comic books now. I have a local shop close to me, and I've been there already 4 times in 2 weeks just walking around, looking at everything they have trying to find something interesting. One particular comic caught my eye, which was called 100 bullets. I went home and wiki'd it, and as it seems, it started being written back in 99'. My question is this, if say I wanted to all of a sudden get into this particular comic, what would I have to do in order to understand it? I mean, do I have to go back and collect every issue since 99', or do these things work differently. I was wondering how the whole thing works as far as story arcs, and issues go, as well as the frequency that they're put out.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and if you guys have any suggestions on other stuff I should pick up, that'd be cool too. I typically like the darker, edgier type of stuff, like noir type shit. As well as typical sci-fi type of story. I like zombies too, so yeah lol. Thanks nigs.

2. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

You can get trade paperbacks which collect several issues into a book. It would be a lot easier than trying to find all those individual issues. Or you could just download the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_bullets
    For background story, but it would be better if you read it all yourself.

3. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

The TPB's collect the issues/storylines, so i'd say it'd be best to get them if you want to start reading from the beginning. I always find Amazon to be good with that, since i don't know any other good comic retailers based in England.

If you like 100 bullets, there are a lot of comic books you might enjoy then.
    Anything from Preacher to Metropolitan, DMZ to The Long Halloween (Batman story).