Okay, so, bottom line - best price/best quality creatine, whey, casein available

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Daveee, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveee

Daveee New Member

Time to stock up. I'm still researching creatine and its effects so I won't be jumping right in with that until I'm 100% comfortable with it, but I do currently take whey and want to start taking casein. I know I can just eat cottage cheese at the end of the night rather than taking a supplement, but I'm curious as to where I can find the best quality casein powder supplement to take a look at. I understand that you want creatine monohydrate in powder form, is that right? Can anybody direct me to a good source for "lab-quality" creatine?

Also, I've been using Body Fortress whey because it's $15 for 2lbs at Wally World - I know, getting supplements at Wal-Mart is a lot like getting them at GNC, but the nutrition in the product is fairly sound, it packs in a lot of protein, and it's cheap enough for me to afford. What's the best deal I can find for whey online, maybe whey that is from a slightly better company than Body Fortress? Is unflavored whey and other supplements available to make your own blend or would that not be too cost effective?

As for the casein - is that something you want to take more than once a day, or is it mostly only for the night time because it breaks down slowly while you sleep? Either way, what's a good quality source of this stuff in supplement form, along with some natural sources as well?

Finally, a quick question regarding AIFM - I know that there have been nothing but rave reviews about this stuff on this forum and I've yet to find anything super negative on other forums about it. Am I playing with fire if I try this stuff out? Should I focus on maintaining a clean and balanced diet and stick with basic supps like vitamins/protein before worrying about AIFM?

Sorry for the long thread. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. RG

RG New Member

3. Daveee

Daveee New Member

Is that a good source/good creatine though? I'm not even going to buy it until I fully understand its uses, pro's/con's, etc. anyways, I just want to know what prices I'll be looking at when I make the decision to start

4. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Best creatine - whatever is cheapest. If you're going to order AIFM, I'm sure Anafit CEE is perfectly fine

Best whey only - I would say Optimum Nutrition (ON) 100% whey

Best blend - BSN syntha 6 as more of a meal replacement (i.e. contains more calories, plus carbs and fat) or At Large Nitrean has a VERY nice blend. After that I'd say Syntrax Matrix 5.0 but IIRC it uses cheaper whey sources, milk protein and calcium caseinate instead of michellar casein.

5. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

just get whatevers cheap atm man

6. Daveee

Daveee New Member

when you say blend - what is it a blend of? Whey and casein or creatine and whey? Actually, a "meal replacement" blend is something I would look at, although I wouldn't use it as an ACTUAL meal replacement very often, more as a meal supplement when I'm at work and can't get home for one of my meals.

Is EAS whey ( @ Sam's Club) any good? 6lb for 30 bucks is tempting...

In regards to the creatine, should I be looking at loading that now even though I'm cutting right this second, or should I wait until my next bulk cycle to start it?

7. RG

RG New Member

8. React

React Still Strong

I get everything other than whey from nutraplanet (creatine, waxy etc)

whey isolate - allthewhey

blend - syntha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.