Okay should i get the Powerbook 1.3ghz or the 1.5?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tstwahine, Sep 22, 2004.

1. tstwahine

tstwahine Rudeness is better than any argument; it totally e

Laguna Beach, CA but in Boston, MA for school
    Im not hugely knowledgable in the area of computers so im not sure which one to get..i know that the 1.5 has an 80 gig hard drive and the ability to burn DVD's etc... whereas the 1.3 has a 60 gig and cannot burn dvd's
    I have a dvd burner..i dont need another... To give you an idea of what i would need it for is that im a film student and basically id need it for editing etc... so...... what do you guys think... what stuff should i have put on it?
    Thanks

2. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

Video editing is pretty resource intensive, I'd go with the 1.5 - but keep in mind I have little experience with video editing on Macs, I've typically worked with editors like Avid or Discreet :hs:

3. Error

Error ¿ti†le øut-of_order

I do a lot of editing on my Macs, and I'm GLAD I went with the 1.5ghz 15" PB. My dad has the 1.3 and the difference isn't much, but noticable, and the bigger hard drive is a duh IMHO.

Plus, I can back up my stuff to DVD's without carrying an external drive.

4. marc lau

marc lau New Member

1.5, i used it it for video editing and photoshop and was Great! i bought I MAc G5 3 days ago and its ROCKS!

5. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Can you afford a 17" model? I do alot of 3D modeling and animation and I'd kill for more screen space.

6. tstwahine

tstwahine Rudeness is better than any argument; it totally e

Laguna Beach, CA but in Boston, MA for school
    i dont really want the 17" one as i will be taking this back and forth to school... i want it to fit into my book bag...i can just plug the laptop into a monitor if need be..
    for those of you who are saying 1.5 why? What does it have thats better than the 1.33? just the hardrive space?