SRS Okay, im depressed. now what. im new at this.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jeebus, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Im close to not making this post. Im pretty much typing out of sincerity and lack of options. Im unipolar depressed. I dont feel happy when i should. I dont feel happy at all. Im moving to NY in the hopes that a big life change will help me cope, and that being with my older brother will give me some added strength, but thats a month away. and right now, im feeling really weak.

Who can you talk to when you cant afford a doctor, a therapist, and you dont want your family to know? Any suggestions?

2. SpaMan

SpaMan Mind over matter.

I know what you mean. Not much enthusiasm or hope. I think we're all in that place one time or another. Definately a lot of suffering going on, everyday, in every neighborhood spare a few.

So are you moving because where you currently live you don't have anyone to talk to, or what happened to make you want to move?

I do think you shoud let your family know, perhaps on a need to know basis. You shouldn't be embarassed by your feeling of unhappiness as you shouldn't throw it onto other people's plates without asking first. I guess that depends on how well your family deals with that sort of thing.

3. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Please tell me you are not moving to new york city. If you really are, I suggest you stop whatever plans you have in motion to do that. I've lived in new york a good portion of my life and new york will intensify whatever emotions your feeling. If your happy, your on top of the world, but if your depressed... it will not be pretty. I've talked about this with countless people and they all feel the same way. Have you ever heard the saying "wherever you go, there you are." It means that if you have issues going on inside... you need to figure those out, because no matter where you go they will always be there. Figure out what is going on inside you and solve that.

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You can go to your county health department and talk to a doctor there. They determine what to charge your based on your income so if you can't afford it you will pay little or nothing.

5. T2 Tsunami

T2 Tsunami Active Member

try studying CBT.....listen clearly...NOBODY CHOICES HOW YOU FEEL...YOUR MIND YOUR BODY...PROGRESS

6. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

read my thread :hsd:

7. T2 Tsunami

T2 Tsunami Active Member

I did..I moved away from NY a while back. Your brother lives there so he has things going on..not sure if the sibling will help.

8. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

This is where i feel kinda fortunate to be a recovering drug addict, we got free meetings all the time to talk about this stuff :hsd:

try the local state health people, you can talk to a doctor there

9. 2500

2500 Guest

who should you talk to? how are we gonna know? talk to anyone you trust..... talk to a friend..... and if you can't afford a doctor, how do you know your clinically depressed and not just sad? from the looks of the title, your prolly just lonely and looking for attention.

10. emilyk23

emilyk23 New Member

i can tell you for a FACT that moving is not going to help at all. your problems will just follow you. it'll probably make them worse actually. not to bum you out further. :)and as far as needing a cheap (free) doc...yeah, go to your local health clinic and ask for the mental health clinic to evaluate you for possible depression. i've done it when i was out of work and it costs like nothing. like $5 a visit. and it sounds like you really do need clinical help on this one.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its better to discuss the root of your problems in here , person above is right, problems just follow you, this because heaven or hell is a state of mind. You have issues unresolved , and you need to spit it out what you think is the cause of this depression.Its important because a problem undiscussed cannot be solved. You need to face your problems instead of running away from them.

12. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

while there's some truth to this, moving can change one's entire life prespective.

i moved from san diego (which is a fucking wasteland with a beach, but i digress) to Philly and happy as a clam. My problems did follow, but I have a new sense of optimism that i lost down south.

13. 2500

2500 Guest

it all depends on the problems. i moved from chicago to tennessee, and my major problem was my dad. he obviously didn't follow, so i'm happy now. if they are personal issues, obviously they will follow. thats why its so important to get to the root.