Okay...I see all the different waxes and products...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SantorinA4, Aug 9, 2005.

1. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

listed to keep our cars looking great, but is one better for lighter colors than others? I've used Meguiars NXT which is nice, but doesn't last long and I have used Meguiars in the black bottle/jar, but I'm not getting that really wet look that others are able to attain. I have a somewhat light colored car and want a wet look that I have seen on other cars. Am I using the right waxes, not using enough, wrong ones, etc?

Here is a pic of my car. It's about the same color as the gray one Scottwax did last week or the week before that came out looking so wet.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the rainy pic. We haven't had nice enough weather to get out there and take some sunny pics.

Oh, and I always wash, clay, then wax. I don't have time to really do anything else. :hs:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:dunno: Looks pretty wet in that picture....

Best suggestion I can give you is to go through my photohost gallery in my sig and check out the cars. I always list the products I use. Odds are though, unless you use a PC, it will be difficult to achieve the same level of shine since a quality buffer can polish paint more deeply and evenly than you can by hand.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I'd personally just try some different products. After all this time detailing I can sometimes notice a difference between waxes but there is so much more that goes into making a vehicle look good.

I like to find waxes that are easy to use and work with and then focus my time on polishing and prep work. That's what really matters. Some vehicles I do will have great looking paint before wax is even applied.

Also, pics don't really show all. The different is wax is very subtle and won't be picked up my a camera. Plus, different lightning, etc. will make the paint reflect differently.

4. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:rofl: Yeah, it was a little wet in that picture. I'll have to check out the PC's. So do you think I should add a polish to my process once I get a PC?

5. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

So the polishing and prep work really help it achieve the depth and wettness I'm looking for?? Just want to make sure I have that right.

6. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

Yep it's all about the prep work. Well....... mostly about the prep work.

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Yep, It's all about the prep work. Waxing a dull hazed swirled finish just doesn't work. Want to polish the paint out nicely and then apply a coat of wax for protection.

I like Einszett's Metallic Polish. For wax I do a couple coats of Poorboy's EX-P and then slap some S100 on there.

8. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Hmm...I may have to pick some of that up when I get the PC. :)

9. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it. :)