Okay help me with a wireless router/print server

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Renegade, May 12, 2004.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

My dad wants me to rework the network...because I have 3 comps and I need a print server and he has a laptop that downstairs is slow because of poor signal range from the router. What I currently have:

Linksys WGR614 Wireless Router, the other comp is hardwired right into the router, and the laptop has integrated g card.
    I am selling the Router!

I AM ASKING FOR INFO ON:
    A Wireless G Router with a wireless integrated print server that has tremendous range!
    If there are not any with great range what is a great inexpensive g access point, along with the router with integrated wireless print server.

2. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Well one setup that I am doing doesn't have the printer server on it but it's easy enough to add.

I'm using a DWL-624 router that will connect to the Cable Modem and any other hard wired computer close to it.

Then I will have two DWL-2100AP's. One till plug into the DWL-624 and the other will be in another location (in my case upstairs) providing Wireless connectivity upstairs. This is where you can connect your printer server wireless server or hard wired server to it and everything will be wireless.

Just an idea.

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

So I have two desktops upstairs and a notebook downstairs, I guess access points will not be an option, should i try a hawking antenna booster.