GUN Okay, gents..what would you do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Sep 18, 2002.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Got me a Springfield SAR-8, post ban. That would be the H&K G3 parts with a US-made Springfield receiver, with the green furniture. It's new, unfired, with 3 20rd H&K mags.

i'm debating on if i should sell it, cos i have my eye on a nice DSArms SA58 carbine. i dunno if i wanna lose the 4" on the barrel in a .308 though. Course, i don't really have a practical use for either gun anyway, so i sorta just have a thing for the SA58C. :wiggle: It handles SO nicely for me.

Would you sell the SAR-8 for a SA58C?

Or maybe just sell it to reimburse for the Bushmaster i just bought and go without a .308 in the collection for awhile?

Decisions! :dunno:

2. KW

KW Guest

I generally prefer carbines to full length rifles, just because they're lighter and nicer to handle. Since you aren't using the gun for hunting or serious target shooting I wouldn't worry much about the barrel length - go with that's more fun to shoot!

3. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

Can't say anything about the Springfield SAR8, but I wish I never bought my Cetme G3. It's insanely loud and I don't like how the HK G3 bolt throws emptied shells back.

I picked up a FAL and quickly saw how much a superior rifle it is over the Cetme with HK parts. The Bushmaster is fun for all round plinking/varmit/whatever gun, but I absolutley love the .308. It's a very versitile round and has so much power behind it. I almost thinking about picking up a New Springfield M1A .308 and dumping the Cetme :down:

If I was you, I'd dump the SAR and pickup a better .308

4. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

I'd dump the SAR too. How much?? :big grin:

5. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

I love my Bushmaster A3, but I like the power of a .308 if I would ever need it. I have an M1A and would only get rid of it for a Knight SR-25. So if I was you I would sell it and get a Knight. I am sure all you gun heads know of this site but for the one's that don't, they have cool stuff Stoner

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:werd:x542776826^3.14

But i'm looking in the $1200-ish range. :sad2:

The M1A has crossed my mind too, toss up between that and the SA58c right now. The AR-10's seemed interesting, but yanno, rather have a Knights.

i might just let the .308 slide for a few monthes and replenish the checking account from the Bushmaster and the new laptop. :o

(i couldn't help it! Figure i can watch DVD's in the truck with it at work, so i'll be able to work more. :bigthumb: )

Btw, my OT price is $75 off my gunsamerica price if anyone here is really interested in it.