Ok, what should I do? shoulder injury...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MikeTheVike1, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

Beginning of May I hurt my shoulder playing softball. Hurt REAL bad, and I couldn't move it much without stinging pain, slowly it got better. I looked online, sounds like rotator cuff tear/strain. It got to the point where I couldn't feel any pain unless I moved my arm in extreme positions, and sometimes when I woke up in the morning it would be hurting. So I went to the doctor a week ago and he looked at it and prescribed some physical therapy...

Now is the physical therapy a waste of money and time, wouls I be better off finding some exercises online to do at home? Should I go back to the doctor and tell him to check for a tear using the injection and xray?

I haven't worked out in a month and a half, and its killing me :wtc: I was thinking about goign in this week and and workout using whatever exercises don't bother it...too risky? Thanks

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you have to see an orthopedist, not a general practitioner

3. some1

some1 Some Member OT Supporter

i have the same problem (hurt my shoulder in february)

the doc said i should go and get magnetic resonance imaging...
    though he said it should heal without any therapy so it would just be informal :dunno:

only thing he said is that i shouldnt do exercises that hurt my shoulder (genius) ... which happen to be

- benchpress
    - close grip benchpress
    - triceps dips

though shoulder-exercises and chest training with dumbells dont hurt :dunno:
    same here as you said... sometimes it only hurts when stretching (when i move my arm in "extreme positions") and sometimes it even hurts when sitting in front of the computer doing nothing :dunno:

4. Javi

Javi New Member

I had a slight tear on my shoulder - hurt like hell on sometimes, even when doing nothing. I had to lay off any exercise that involved shoulders for 9 weeks.

5. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

how did you know it was a tear instead of a bad strain?

I just amade a physical therapy appointment for Thursday, figured I would see what they say, that way if I have to go back to my doctor I can tell him I tried that, then hopefully he can recommend a good orthopedist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.