Ok this is getting rediculous (post nasil drip)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quickone, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickone

quickone New Member

I have been having problems with this this past year....except its starting to get in the way of me lifting. When I get it it gets so bad that I will actually throw up from it. Especially if im doing hard work (doesnt help that I have a bad gag reflex). Now I have tried stuff like nasonex, saline spray, and mucinex(which helped for a while) but it's going on 5 days now without lifting because of this. Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if theres any product out there that will actually work. Im getting extremely pissed that I can't lift.:squint:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

3. quickone

quickone New Member

I did and the dumbass doctor I have now said to simply use a saline spray and when i told him that didnt work. he had nothing else to say. I went to another dr and he said nasonex. that doesnt help either.

4. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

i heard you keep using the nose spray stuff contantnly it would attactualy make it worse...

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

yep. you arent supposed to use nasal sprays for more than 3 consecutive days.

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you have allergies?

7. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

EC takes care of my allergies :noes:

8. quickone

quickone New Member

Yeah but I work with wicked dust at my job inside the trailors...i'll be blowing my nose and it will be black shit for a couple days

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I've been stuffed up like a son of a bitch the last two weeks... I normally breathe entirely through my nose, and I don't feel right breathing through my mouth... Feels unclean and like I'm not getting enough air.

What you want to try are deep breathing exercises, and also if your gym (or at home) has a punching bag, you want to spend a few minutes boxing on it and breath out through your nose any time you throw a strike, and in through your nose the rest of the time.

That usually clears up my nose really well before a workout, and since I do muay thai (kicks, boxing, elbows, knees) I get a nice full body warm up before stretching and working out. Bring a few tissues when you do it though, all that shit will come out.

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

oh and it's spelled rIdiculous.

11. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

I had the same problem a while ago. Was on nasonex and saline stuff. When I stopped using anything was when it went away.

Unless its life or death, put up with the side affects of not being on stuff as opposed to the side affects of being on them.

12. quickone

quickone New Member

I dont notice any side effects of being on any of it. I take it because if i dont, i gag so much from the PND I will throw up. It sucks

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I've tried nasonex and other sprays along with claritin and zyrtec and all those allergy pills...

For me there's just a solid month of nasal misery followed by immunity during the rest of the year. I just tough it out, it really only bothers me at night time when I'm trying to sleep. Awkwardly enough I also don't ever sneeze or get congested when outside, only when I come inside after being outside does it kick in.

14. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

how bad can it be

theriously

15. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

i read somewhere that heavy squats help nasil drip :o

16. Jaded

Jaded New Member

Ive been congested for about a month, and it drips and all that, But the momment im in the gym it just clears up, but when im just doing daily things its a pain in the arse

17. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

nasonex is different, its a steroid, not a decongestant.

18. quickone

quickone New Member

true. and its bad enough to fuck up my bulking, lifting, and my work. because if i start doin heavy work (job is manual labor) i will actually puke. makes it very difficult to do my job

19. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

my doctor gave me this precription called entex for my sinuses and it works great. Maybe try to have them give you that

20. quickone

quickone New Member

I will ask about it. Either way I need to get out of my job. I was inhaling so much dust i started wheezing and couldnt breathe. Job is bullshit I won't even be able to sleep tonight because i'll be coughing up shit because of that place. I wish it would burn:squint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.