Ok , so I want to replace my stock speakers.....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tommy, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Tommy

Tommy Long Member Standing

in my Contour SVT. I was looking at the Polk Audios and I like them, always have. But a couple of guys on a Contour website recommended the Crystal CXe's (which I never heard of before). They are close to 1/2 the cost of the Polks. I want something to fit in the stock locations so components are not an option.

I'm currently running an Alpine 7874 HU with the factory amp bypassed and someday next year plan on getting an amp.

So I basically want your opinions on the Crystals and the Polks.

Thanks in advance.

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Crystals > Polk

3. Tommy

Last edited: Sep 30, 2002
  4. 04

04 Guest

For that kind of cash, I don't see how you could go wrong. I have heard very favorable reviews about those speakers in question, and I think they would be a pretty good deal. Think of it this way though, if they are selling them for that cheap, they are probably still making profit on them, makes you wonder how much the actual manufacturing costs on some of this car audio equipment are, huh? :big grin:

5. Tommy

Yeah, but on the cost part of it, I want to know how good of a quality speaker I'm buying. I don't want to buy the "Pyramid" quality speaker and blow my money.:cool:

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

DUDE!

If the guys on the contour site are recemending them, two guys here recemend them, and everyone seems to be telling you they are good, and you can find them for a good price...BUY THE FUCKING THINGS ALREADY YOU FUCKING TIG WHOMP!

Remember, when it comes to electronics, ESPECIALLY audio...price isnt everything, and in most cases, its nothing.

7. 04

04 Guest

They arent pyramid quality speakers.

just a FYI, you can even make a pair of pyramid speakers sound good with proper equilization/xover.