COMIC Ok, seriously wtf v.Wolverine

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by axio, Nov 29, 2006.

1. axio

axio New Member

He regenerated from NOTHING? :ugh:

And Nitro just STOOD there and talked while he did? :ugh: :ugh:

2. void

void oh yeah?

you're talking about a guy who has 3 claws pop out from in between each knuckle. and i think the gist of the storyline was, you just can't kill wolverine. he won't die no matter how many times his body dies.

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

When I first read that in the original issue, and then again when it was recapped, I was like, waitaminute! Why did it take him the length of a phone call to COMPLETELY regenerate when it has taken him way longer for less serious injuries? And then I remembered that this is Marvel...why should anything make sense??

4. axio

axio New Member

That had to be some of the sloppiest deus ex machina writing out of Marvel in years :(

5. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

even when his body is ripped in two and he's laying there for 6 months...

6. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

i found that highly confusing.. very hard to follow the few pages of art where he's healing/having flashbacks/and death

7. void

void oh yeah?

ok, i concur with that part. he healed awefully fast when nitro torched him down to his bones. i know he heals from small cuts and flesh wounds almost instantly, but he's been put into the hosipital and taken out of commission for weeks or months, for MUCH 'smaller' injuries...like having been exploded, flesh on limbs burnt to the bone, getting gutted, etc.

ok here i go bashing wolverine :hs: when he crashed the plane, he laid in the field for 3 hours healing from a boatload of cuts, missing flesh, probably a missing organ or two. and when nitro kentucky fries him...he heals back from nothing in like 10 minutes.

there...are you happy!? not everyone can make a perfect arc...just you bastards wait until loeb takes over :squint:

8. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Not to mention when he gets his Adamantium ripped out, and it "overrides" his healing factor for a long time. Yet, Deep Frying him keeps his healing factor entirely functional.

9. Jack Brown

Jack Brown OT Supporter

i thought he took that mutant steroid? :dunno:

10. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

I don't even classify that as deus ex machina. I think it was Marvel collectively laughing in our faces. I mean c'mon, how could that have made it past the editors? They had to know it was ludicrous

We can do what we WANT fuckers, 'cuz we MADE HIM!

On the other hand, it "is" a comic, and can be said that continuity matters not in the vein of entertainment! I for one, however, was not entertained.

I still like Wolvie though, for some reason.

11. monkeyboy

monkeyboy Mr. Monkey Pants

Yeah, I pretty much lost interest at that point. Sure, I'll suspend disbelief enough to say he COULD regenerate without any flesh left at all, but to do it from nothing flat in the length of a conversation?

Fact of the matter is, though, the only part of the whole Civil War thing I've found slightly interesting at all was the Spiderman arc, and a good deal of that is just waiting to see how they change everything back again; there's no way they can leave it with his (and everyone's, really) secret identities revealed for eternity in the MU.

12. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

It just feels disjointed to me. It's really long and drawn out, but it's going to be like a Harry Potter book; everything gets resolved warp 10 style within the last few pages of the last issues(s) or so.

13. void

void oh yeah?

ultimate wolvie != 616 wolvie

and he was laying there for a few hours...we've been WAITING 6 months for the fucking issue

14. Disguy

Disguy Batman > Moon Knight OT Supporter

i think that was the joke

15. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

is there a link/upload?:x:

16. Kurt Wagner

Kurt Wagner New Member

Did anybody else notice that he looked just like Die Fledermaus from the tick during the flashback thing with Jean? Or maybe I'm just retarded?

17. TUNNGE

TUNNGE New Member

I'm pretty sure it was longer than a phone call. If I remember right he woke up while Nitro was still unconscious. He was talking about how the nerves take the longest to regenerate so it was good that Nitro was knocked out because it would take a while and he could use the rest. Once the nerves finished up then yeah he did heal real quick.

18. void

void oh yeah?

yes! more wolvie supporters! the world needs more people like ourselves! :bigthumb: