Ok seriously, one thing that does annoy me about women

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I know chicks like guys who make decisions and whatever. Just bear with me here for a sec tho. Assume a LTR and the chick already knows how the guy is so he doesn't have to be all "rawr I'm powerful look at me make decisions" 100% of the time, and let's be honest, sometimes the guy just doesn't give a shit.

Guy:
    Where should we eat tonight? Restaurant A, Restaurant B, or Restaurant C?
    Girl: I dunno, you pick.
    Guy: Uh, ok, Restaurant A.
    Girl: No, I don't want to eat there.
    Guy: Restaurant B.
    Girl: I don't want to eat there either.
    Guy: So Restaurant C.
    Girl: Naaah.

wtf? Then the correct answer was "I don't like any of those" and not "you pick." :rl:

Assume in the above example the guy legitimately did not give a shit about where they ate.

Can someone translate this into logical male language for me?

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

My guess is she expects you to somehow guess what she feels like eating that night, based on her past preferences. My gf does this a fair amount, she "wants me to pick", but she really wants me to pick what she wants. Rather than play the game of picking where I want, seeing the disappointed look in her face, and then figuring out what she ACTUALLY wants, I go pretty much straight to what I guess would be her choice if she were to pick. I've gotten fairly good at it, but will stray once in a while if I really don't feel like eating what she wants.

Anyway, my point is, I think it's a test to see if you know what she likes and if you will choose that over what you want for her. Or, I could be completely wrong.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Is it bad that I treat it as a test to her communication abilities?

In the above situation, she loses points for not being able to effectively and logically communicate what she wants. Don't acknowledge that 1 of 3 choices are ok, and then say you don't want any of them.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I literally watched my bf's brother and his super passive girlfriend have that EXACT conversation the other week, it made me so annoyed. I'm usually the one picking where we go :mamoru: I'll ask his opinion but he always tells me to pick, so I do :dunno:

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Plus, sometimes I REALLY don't give a shit and don't care where we eat. Being forced to pick is really more effort than I want. I cannot stress how much I don't give a shit sometimes. I'd be content making a frozen pizza and saving money but I know people like to eat out some times. I cognitively am unable to make a choice about where to eat in situations when I have 0 vested interest in the outcome. The only way you can understand this brain process is if you have every actually, truly, not given a shit AT ALL about something before.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

And you don't think a woman feels this exact same way when you ask her where she wants to eat????

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

But if 3 choices are given, you can analyze if they agree with your stomach or not, and THEN say "none of those sound good" rather than going through them and nixing them one by one.

I would have no problem if she said "none of those sound good." But chicks don't say that.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If she says "let's go out to eat" then she has something in mind. It's better to voice your opinion up front rather than play games.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

and here i am thinking this sort of convo never actually takes place in real life :rofl: :rofl:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

Maybe it only happens to two passive annoying assholes....because that's what my bf's brother and his gf are :bowrofl:

Seriously though, those two are so fucking shy after 3 years they've never had sex-both are too afraid to initiate it so they just stopped. Neither of them ever speak their mind. Neither of them ever say what they are feeling. It's nauseating to watch them together, you actually feel uncomfortable.

11. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I hate choosing most times. I'm cool with going almost anywhere. But a lot of my friends know I don't like to choose so they tell me to pick. Annoys me.

But i do suck at making decisions. I used to stand in the candy aisle for 30-45 minutes while my mom was shopping, trying to pick out 1 candy.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

wat

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

like, we'll debate over food....and he'll suggest something and i'll veto, then i'll suggest and he vetos. and after a min of that, i go to the chicken, steak or seafood question, and take it from there....:mamoru:

14. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: Man....it's insane. They have the most emotionless boring relationship I have ever witnessed. Everyone that knows them just goes :ugh: "I can't believe they are together."

Honestly I think they just do it now because they are both so pathetically shy they are afraid of dating anyone else that pulls them out of their comfort zone.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: I actually forgot. Today I wasn't hungry but my bf and I were driving after out puppy's obediance class. He says
    Him- "Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"
    Me- "Meh, I'm not really hungry so what do you want? I'll maybe just pick something from there"
    Him- "Ugh, but what do you want?"
    Me- I just told you, there's nothing I want specifically so pick whatever you are in the mood for and I'll decide if I feel like eating there or at home"

He then chose Quizno's because he said he "knows" I don't like Greek. So basically he picked something he knew I'd eat even though I said it'd be no problem for me to eat at home and for him to choose something he wanted :uh: This is about the only thing similar I can think of.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

He's suuuuuccchhhh a people pleaser it's insane. I really forget sometimes until he does something like that and I just think :uh: I know now I should have just said something I know he'd eat :mamoru:

17. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

thats happened to me before. i just told her if she didnt pick we werent going to eat.

someties she had me rattle off resturants to see if she liked any of them, as if she didnt know what there was to eat in town...

18. vietkangta

vietkangta New Member

I do the exact same thing as the guy.

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I hate this stupid shit. Girls, PLEASE recognize that we are guys. We really, truly, legitimately DON'T CARE where we eat because there is usually SOMETHING anywhere we go that we'll like.

If you are picky about food, then just pick.

20. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I'm not picky at all where I eat. Shoot, take me to McDonalds and I'll be happy. :yum:

My conversation is usually like this:
    Guy: Hey wanna go out for dinner tonight?
    Me: Sure
    Guy: Where ya wanna go?
    Me: Ah I don't care, any place you want is fine
    Guy: That Chinese buffet down the road?
    Me: 'kay.

(Or the roles are reversed and I say what the guy says and he's me.)

Then again, I don't really eat out that often. I usually would rather save money and cook a dinner at home, which he's fine with that.

My brother's girlfriend is a very picky eater, and she's also the one that wears the pants in the relationship. I don't really like going out to dinner with them. My brother, SO, and me aren't picky about where to go. She's always undecided. So my brother suggests a billion places and she says no to all of them. Then my brother gets shitty and says, "We'll go here." and she gets shitty back and says crap like, "Fine. YOU ALL EAT. I won't eat anything. I'll just starve." :hsugh: Then my brother will be asking, "Well where do you wanna eat?! I just named a ton of places." In which she'll respond, "Just take me home. Fuck it." It makes me just want to slap her upside the head. Then when we actually DO settle on a place, her and my brother will be shitty with each other because of the argument and so we're all just eating awkwardly and quietly. :ugh:

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm honestly thinking about putting this kind of shit on my "dealbreakers" list.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That story made me want to kill myself.

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You would've loved the girl I saw at the movies over the weekend. A guy and a girl came into the theater, and the guy sat on the end of the aisle. And the girl was like "hey, can you move, I want that seat cause of *some bullshit reason I didn't quite catch*"

And he was like "no." And she stood there and was like "ok, let's move over to the other side then. And he sat there for a minute and then he got up and sat on the end of the aisle and she got bent out of shape again wanting his seat. I was so glad to see him not budge. But then she had to use the bathroom and she was like "hold this for me." and he was like "just set it down." And she stood there pouting wanting him to hold her drink and popcorn.

The entire time I was like :ugh:. The dude didn't give into her shit (which made me glad), but I was thinking, holy christ that would probably be my last date with that girl. fuck that immature power trip bullshit. :rofl:

24. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

my advice: be more light-hearted about it. Make it a joke, not an annoyance.

Girl: I don't like that restaurant
    You: heh heh, perfect *evil grin*. get in the car.

25. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

she's on autopilot, didn't really think of the options until you went through the trouble of pointing each one out individually. that's when she went into manual mode and actually thought about each option and came to the conclusion she didn't like any of them.

when i get the "you pick" and i really don't care what i want. i pick the closest or first one i mentioned. if she then realizes that's not what she wants, it's sort of a "sucks for you" scenario.

and also for some reason, some girls know what they want but are only able to decide through a process of elimination. deep down they really want pizza, but don't say it. you ask "pizza?", they say no. burgers, no. mexican, no. then i do, choose a hand, they picked the "burger" hand and then they're disappointed. do it again, they pick "mexican" hand, once again, no go. then at that magical instance, they realize they wanted pizza all along. odd.

sometimes, you have to guess what they want, play a little game, or just decide and ignore them when they don't like what you picked. in an LTR though, this scenarios come up less and less. after a couple of the "you pick" and you make them eat what you selected or not eat at all, they learn to just pick. that, or you get really good at knowing what they want. just one of those oddities that can be amusing if you don't take it too seriously.